This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

If you’re anything like me, your day is never complete without a sweet little treat. A yummy snack always brightens my mood, especially on days I’ve been productive—it’s like a reward. No matter where you are on campus, there’s always a place around a corner or two to get an afternoon treat. Here are my top five.

D2 Soft Serve

That’s right, D2—maybe the most polarizing dining option on campus. Whether you love or hate eating at Dietrick Hall, the soft serve will never disappoint. A nice crisp waffle cone filled with creamy, rich ice cream will always hit the spot unless the machine is out of order.

Burger 37 Milkshake

Getting a milkshake in Squires Student Center is the perfect treat when you’re out and about looking for a place to study on campus. Add a cup of fresh salty fries from Burger 37, and you have a perfect sweet and salty combination. No matter the flavor, from vanilla to cookies & cream, there’s not much that can top a good milkshake.

Freshen’s Smoothie

For the hot and humid days when dairy isn’t tickling your taste buds, Freshens smoothies from Owens Food Court are the perfect, refreshing chilly drink. With a menu full of fruit-packed combinations, there are so many options for you to explore. In my opinion, the best ones always include strawberry or mango.

Grab and Gobble Reese’s Cookie

West End, Owens, Turner—there are so many places you can find the wonderfully yummy Grab and Gobble cookie, which just makes it so much better. The giant, crumbly, sweet, melty, and chocolate-filled cookie is a must-have for all cookie and Reese’s lovers.

Yogurt & Fruit

Fruit is probably the healthiest sweet treat, and DXpress in Dietrick hall has many options. Some days just call for a nice cup of Greek yogurt and some berries, a light and refreshing afternoon snack.

Although you might not agree with these five desserts, there are so many places to find a refreshment that fits your tastes on campus. Savory, salty or sweet Virginia Tech dining has it all.

Kyndall Hanson

Virginia Tech '26

My name is Kyndall and I'm a freshman at Virginia Tech. I'm majoring in multimedia journalism as well as philosophy, politics and economics.