Mandy Snyder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Her Campus Virginia Tech: What activities are you involved in at VT?

Mandy Snyder: I am the president of the Make a Wish Team at Virginia Tech, a member of Alpha Delta Pi and a marketing intern for the Men’s Rugby Team.

HCVT: What kinds of responsibilities come with those position(s)?

MS: For Make a Wish, I am in charge of leading our general meetings, planning the events our club puts on, making sure the executive committee continues to do its job, etc. 

HCVT: What is your greatest accomplishment?

MS: I think my greatest accomplishment with Make a Wish would be raising $2,000 with Acapoolza, and making it an annual event. I also feel accomplished in that in the past four years we have raised $9,000, which is more than enough money to grant a child’s wish.

HCVT: What are your plans after graduation?

MS: I plan to work for a non-profit in Maryland that does fundraising for a variety of charities. I want to continue to work with the non-profit community; because of the rewarding experience I have had with Make a Wish.

HCVT: What is your favorite thing about being a Hokie?

MS: My favorite thing about being a Hokie is going to football games and feeling the Hokie spirit that everyone shares.

HCVT: What advice would you give to upcoming Hokies?

MS: Live up your time at Virginia Tech. Get involved with programs that you feel passionate about. Work hard but play hard as well. The memories you make within the next four years will last a lifetime, so don’t waste a minute of it.

HCVT: Do you have any advice for people looking to get involved at Tech? 

MS: Get involved with something that you are passionate about. When you find that organization, get as involved as you can. The more involved you are with the organization, the more you can leave your mark and truly feel like you are making a difference.

HCVT:  Most memorable moment at VT?

MS: My most memorable moments would be tailgating and going to football games with all of my friends.

Mallory Smith is a senior Sociology major at Scripps College, located in sunny Claremont, CA. Born in Denver, Colorado, Mallory spent her time growing up between England, China and The United States. As a result, she loves to travel and explore new places and cultures. In Claremont Mallory is editor of the Life and Style section of The Student Life Newspaper. She also writes for Beyond the Elms, Scripps College’s Career Planning and Resources blog, where she is writing about her soon-to-be journey into the real world. In her free time Mallory enjoys going to art galleries in downtown Los Angeles, hiking, going to the beach and scuba diving whenever she gets the chance.