This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Every fall, I check my Facebook account and find many articles about starting college, dorm life, and freshman year experiences, but I never see many articles about the years in between freshman and senior year. Unlike these articles, I find sophomore and junior years of college to be just as formative and important as the other two years. Junior year in particular seems to be the most important out of the four years of college.

Junior year is the year where the amount of effort you put into your schoolwork, career, and connections will be the defining year of your college experience. No more sleeping in until 3 pm or looking for internships the last two weeks of the spring semester. It is the year a university student needs to invest their time to truly see results after they leave college.

It is also the year where your friends will show their true colors with you. When you are slammed with work and worrying about your future, will they stick around for you and support you? Or will they become bored and leave you behind?Junior year is the prime time to take a leadership role or be an active participant of an organization or club. Choose wisely, as you want the role to take to be more than just a resume filler. You want something that will truly be a learning experience that can be useful.

In the end, junior year is not some filler year in college to forget about. Just because the media does not focus on it as much when discussing the college experience, does not mean that the year is not as important as freshman or senior year. Each year of college plays an equally important role in our development and it is about time the media caught on.

Images from Pexels.com

So you want to know more about me? Awesome. I'm a sophomore majoring in Business and Information Technology but I promise my interests are not all related to my major. Some of these interests include fashion, art , history, politics,and current events. I'm not really sure what I have planned for my future, but I hope I end up living in one of those trendy apartments in NYC. But for now, I'm just taking life day by day.
Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.