Jillian Carr

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Name: Jillian Carr
Year: Junior
Major: Finance
Hometown: Wilmington, Delaware

Her Campus Virginia Tech: What’s playing on your iPod?
Jillian Carr: “Atlantic City” by The Band. I just got back from Tennessee so I’m in a country mood lately.

HCVT: Favorite movie?
JC: Hmm…so many, but I’d have to say The Hangover; it’s funny plus Bradley Cooper is in it!

HCVT: What are three things you can’t live without?
JC: Family, friends and I couldn’t get through the day without my Coke Zero!

HCVT: If you could have any super power what would it be?
JC: To be able to teleport from one place to another, I would love to be able to go wherever I want, when I want. Plus, I hate that long drive home!

HCVT: Who is your celebrity crush?
JC: Bradley Cooper

HCVT: Best part about being a HOKIE?
JC: I love all the school spirit and football games!

HCVT: If you could meet any musician who would it be?
JC: I would love to meet DMB. I was mad that I wasn’t able to see them in concert this summer, so meeting them would definitely make up for it!

HCVT: Best class to take at VT?
JC: Design Appreciation has been by far my easiest class and it wasn’t too boring either.

Mallory Smith is a senior Sociology major at Scripps College, located in sunny Claremont, CA. Born in Denver, Colorado, Mallory spent her time growing up between England, China and The United States. As a result, she loves to travel and explore new places and cultures. In Claremont Mallory is editor of the Life and Style section of The Student Life Newspaper. She also writes for Beyond the Elms, Scripps College’s Career Planning and Resources blog, where she is writing about her soon-to-be journey into the real world. In her free time Mallory enjoys going to art galleries in downtown Los Angeles, hiking, going to the beach and scuba diving whenever she gets the chance.