This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

This past winter, metallics and pale pastels were so in. It’s a trend I’m loving and sporting at least twice a week. With Spring finally on its way, I think it’s safe to say that this psychedelic trend will stay around a little bit longer. Here’s some of my favorite ways to rock metallics.

Metallic Shoes

This one is my favorite! I’m obsessed with silver oxfords and rose gold sneakers. Major brands like Nike and Adidas have your metal sneaker fix covered and Rollie Nation’s crazy cool oxfords have plenty of shiny options. Wearing metallic shoes is so simple to do with really any outfit pairing andgives instant style points.

Chrome Nails

The most recent nail trend started late last year but is now at its peak. At my last manicure appointment I got silver chrome nails and I can’t stop admiring them! They’re definitely a conversation starter.

Mixed Metals

Women these days are going for the more the better when it comes to jewelry. Rings on each finger, stacks of bracelets on each wrist, at least three necklaces, and multiple piercings on each ear. They say “silver or gold” but I choose both! Why choose one when you can have them all. The accessory craze is perfect for giving mixed metals a-go.

Bold Pieces

I recently purchased a pink leather jacket which is my current favorite piece in my closet! Fashion is about being creative so why not try a bold shiny skirt or jacket this spring? You’ll certainly make heads turn.

I hope this trend stays around for good! This futuristic look is effortlessly cool and oozes with charm. Try it out this spring and I’m sure you’ll quickly be dubbed as the cool girl.

Photo Sources: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

Hey y'all! I'm a freshman majoring in Multimedia Journalism and Fashion Merchandising & Design. I love all things fashion and beauty and especially writing about them! I dream of one day working for a major fashion magazine in the big city. Until then, you can find me scrolling through Pinterest, watching makeup tutorials, and online shopping!
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!