This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

It can be quite overwhelming trying to decide what to get your loved ones for the holiday season. Especially as a college student trying to save some extra cash, navigating the extravagance of commerce these days can be difficult. If you are in need of some wallet-friendly gift ideas for the various people in your life, look no further. 

For Mom: 

You cannot go wrong with gifting any sort of loungewear or self-care products to your mom. These items could include pajama sets, a robe, slippers, satin pillowcases or any beauty product. Moms deserve the opportunity to relax and indulge in some well-deserved self-care. Gift your mom or any woman you care for items that let them feel like their best selves. 

For Dad:

Dads can be tricky, and from personal experience, either ask for socks or a costly 75-inch flat-screen TV that is definitely not in your price range. Finding the middle ground for gift-giving is key. I recommend checking Amazon for affordable, innovative gadgets. There are a lot of innovative hardware gift options, but if you’re unsure about your dad’s interest in them, you cannot go wrong with books that cover their favorite topics or hobbies. 

For Younger Kids:

If you have a younger sibling or cousin you need to buy presents for, look into age-appropriate card games or board games. You can always opt for childhood classics like Candy Land or Uno if you need a foolproof gift. Depending on your budget, Lego kits are another wonderful choice that kids of all ages can enjoy. 

For Friends:

With any gift, sentiment is a priceless choice. A framed picture, for instance, can make for a great gift, not to mention its affordability factor. If you are willing to spend a little more money, look into some new experiences you can offer them. These experiences could range from concert tickets to a pottery-making class. With this type of gift, you can let them enjoy their interests while making more memories together. 

The beauty of these gift options is their versatility, as they can be gifted to virtually any person in your life. Although the holiday season is notorious for the stress it can bring, doing your research with lists like this one may help to ease some of that last-minute panic. You can always turn to DIY gift ideas if you can’t find the perfect one. Anything with some form of intention and sentiment can be a gift and remember that the price tag will never define that. 

Sydney Kumor

Virginia Tech '25

Virginia Tech junior majoring in Business Management with a minor in Political Science. Part of the Her Campus writing team with a strong passion for creative writing, cooking and coffee!