Her Guide to Game Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Here is our 2012 Football Season Guide for Game Day- Her Campus style!

1. Knowledge of the game: Make sure to read up on the Hokies and general football rules before the game. (DEFINENTLY KNOW #3 Logan Thomas- he’s our quarterback).

2. Tailgate Games: Corn Hole? Ladder Ball? Dizzy Bat? You’ll definitely get the attention of your cute neighbor by beating him in a game! Bonus Points: own your own game set!

3. Attire: Participate in the various “effects”- Maroon Effect, Orange Effect, White Out- You don’t want to be the only Maroon in a sea of Orange. Most importantly, make sure you dress in an appropriate manner to participate in Enter Sandman and potentially be thrown in the air!

4. Get Pumped!: Its ok to go crazy! Even if you forget all of the rules, being excited and spirited goes a long way!

5. Game Essentials:
• Poncho
• Keys
• Cash
• Hokie Passport
• Ticket

Remember all these tips and you will be ready for the season- Start Jumping!

Caitlin is a senior Professional Writing major. Besides Her Campus, she is the Internal Social Chairwoman for Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She loves the beach, animals, shopping, yoga, and Hokie football!