Her Campus is the Girl Gang You’re Looking For: Gobblerfest 2018 Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The energy at Gobblerfest 2018 was electric (no I don’t regret the very horrible, stupidly bad joke)! In case you missed this year’s Gobblerfest, didn’t get to visit our table or just want to know who we are, this is the article for you. The forty-five minutes we were on the Drillfield were insane, filled with social media challenges and goodies! We loved seeing everyone at Gobblerfest and can’t wait for y’all to connect with us!

The exact moment they announced gobblerfest is suspended!  

Her Campus is an online magazine for college women, written and run by college women. With content on beauty, fashion, lifestyle, culture and opinion pieces, the Her Campus mission is to empower and inspire collegiettes. A collegiette is “a college woman who is on top of her game – strategically career-minded, distinctly fashionable, socially connected, academically driven, and smartly health-conscious, who endeavors to get the most out of her college experience on every level” (Her Campus). Virginia Tech’s Her Campus Chapter is a Pink level chapter, meaning we are one of the top performing college chapters out of over 300 chapters! There are multiple ways to be involved on our team through writing, editing, social media and event planning. If two positions interest you, apply for both! There will also be a general body interest meeting Tuesday, September 4, at 6:30 PM in The Source (located in the Breakzone at Squires Student Center).

Writers will submit an article very two weeks, these articles can cover events on campus, support an awareness week, be interview style, share personal stories and be advice oriented. Writer’s articles can have an advocacy focus, follow styles similar to Buzzfeed, be part of a series, have a reporting focus on campus issues and more. There are even opportunities to write articles that promote products! Click here for the application.

Editors edit one article a week, providing constructive feedback for writers. Editors are responsible for correcting grammar errors, making sure the article follows HC standards and uploading the article to our website! Click here for the application.

Social media team members are in charge of creating engaging content and hyping up the article for that day. As a social media team member you’ll post be responsible for posting across all social media platforms and coordinating social media giveaways! Team members should have an eye on media trends and want to expand Her Campus’s outreach! Click here for the application.

Street team members will table across campus to promote HC events and our organization, work to spread the HC brand, plan events for Her Campus and partner with other organizations. Street team is in charge of planning the Media Mixer, a cocktail party for Her Campus members and other lifestyle/journalism organizations on campus! Click here for the application.

We hope to see you in at the General body Info Meeting! Here’s a link to view all the applications!

Jessica Mardian

Virginia Tech '21

Jessica is a senior at Virginia Tech, double majoring in Creative Writing and Multimedia Journalism. 
Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.