Gobble Gobble …GobblerFest a Hit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The sun shined brightly Friday afternoon as thousands bustled along College Avenue for the fourth annual Gobblerfest. Sponsored by The Division of Student Affairs, the festival brought out hundreds of student organizations, clubs, shopkeepers, and food vendors.

Throughout the evening, students, faculty, and Blacksburg residents enjoyed free merchandise, amusement rides, games and various cuisines.  Many students seized the opportunity to sign up for a broad range of student clubs. “I signed up for the surf club whilst at Gobblerfest, the girls seemed really chill and enticed me with promises of cute boys.” exclaimed Junior Lauren Togie. Although Blacksburg is nowhere near the ocean, the dedicated surfers drive 6 hours to the Outer Banks to tear up tasty waves on the weekends.

The surf club was just one of many extracurricular activities available to students. Volunteer organizations, campus ministries, and Greek Life also engaged with attendees.

The Hokie Bird himself was in attendance and posed for pictures with fellow ecstatic Hokies. Later on in the evening, The Hi and Lo Techs lead a spirit rally in front of the GLC. Other dance groups also performed and showed their Hokie pride. Biz Markie raised the roof in Squires, while comedian Moshe Kasher killed in front of an energetic crowd. 

With its large spectrum of events, Gobblerfest was once again a huge success and will continue entertain the Hokie community for years to come.

Sources:
http://www.gobblerfest.org/

Caitlin is a senior Professional Writing major. Besides Her Campus, she is the Internal Social Chairwoman for Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She loves the beach, animals, shopping, yoga, and Hokie football!