Getting Through Finals Season with the HC Survival Kit and our Annual Media Mixer!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

On December 8th, 2017, the Her Campus chapter of Virginia Tech held their second annual Media Mixer. This night brings together various fashion, literary, and broadcast clubs throughout campus, allowing the media socialites of VT to mingle, network, and have tons of fun.

Plus, for an added bonus, we held contests to give away prizes from our lovely sponsors!

Let’s start the sponsor-journey by shouting out the companies that catered our event. Insomnia Cookies, Smartfood Popcorn, and Sparkling ICE certainly elevated the night by keeping everyone hydrated, happy, definitely not hangry. By the way, Sparkling ICE looks way cooler when you drink it through a straw.

But food wasn’t the only thing our guests enjoyed (for free)! Her Campus headquarters was kind enough to send us some amazing, life-saving products to get us through finals and onto the holiday season. We took these products and tabled them, giving them away through fun contests such as posting the best Insta, writing letters to Santa for the Make-A-Wish foundation, and other icebreakers!

1. Krazy Glue

Although Krazy Glue may not seem like a holiday must have, think of all the DIY wreaths, handmade gifting, and apartment decorating you’ll be doing this season. With this super-strong, fast-drying adhesive, Krazy Glue makes holiday crafting a breeze!

2. #ActuallySheCan + Le Motto

It wouldn’t be an #HCVT event without something related to female empowerment, therefore having #ActuallySheCan shirts in partnership with Le Motto is the perfect choice! This movement, started by Allergan, a leader in women’s healthcare, empowers and encourages women to pursue the life they choose. We thought it was the perfect fit, both prize-wise and shirt-size-wise!

3. Being Hand Cream

Whether it be a cute stocking stuffer, a secret Santa gift for a club, or something sweet to get your roomie – Being hand cream makes the perfect gift. This brand is made up of ballsy beauty that stands for something and falls for nothing.

4. Alba Botanica®

With the holiday season comes, unfortunately, finals season for students. Alba Botanica® offers up an amazing product that can diminish those tired, puffy eyes after staying up studying all night. This brand follows a simple mission – to do beautiful.

5. Tarte Cosmetics

Nothing, nothing, makes a better gift for a makeup-conscious girlfriend, mother, or best friend than the “Tarteist™ PRO Pallete” paired with Tarte’s “Lights, Camera, Lashes™” mascara. Every Tarte product combines glamorous makeup with good-for-you ingredients, causing all products to be eco-chic, cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, and vegan!

Thank you to our lovely sponsors, Her Campus, and all of our glorious guests for helping us have the best Media Mixer yet. HCXO!!!

Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.