This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Like most Netflix binge watchers, I generally only watch movies as the directors intended them to be viewed: on a tiny laptop screen with inadequate speakers whispering at full volume. However, on days when I’m feeling extra spicy, I venture to the multi-million dollar Moss Arts Center to experience professional visual art, music, and theatre with my super inexpensive student discounted ticket.

The Moss Arts Center is filled with endless creative possibilities. While normally I say a daily prayer for the Lord to give me the strength to be the hottest hot girl on Instagram and for that to somehow be my career, the productions I have experienced in this incredible performance space have inspired me to push the limits on creativity. The performers have taught me that in order to live a creative life, we must escape our fear of being wrong or not pleasing others because we do not need the validation of others to bring us happiness as artists.

The School of Performing Arts is soon moving into this beautiful theatre to perform our spring musical, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, featuring a cast of incredibly talented performers from our university. Tickets are going fast so be sure to get yours for one of the four performances between April 28th – May 1st!

For your chance to receive FREE student rush tickets for any performance, text “arts” to 31996! You seriously will not want to miss out on seeing artists that are at the highest level in their fields.

Catie-Reagan Palmore is an aspiring Londoner and cat lady. She is currently in her third year at Virginia Tech with plans to graduate in Spring 2017. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre with focuses in Costume Design and Performance. Her minor is in International Fashion. In May she will finish her certificate in Fashion Business at Parsons. One of her favorite things about being a Hokie is being a photographer for Humans of Virginia Tech.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!