Friends Mixer: Ice Cream Social Helps Break the Ice

The women of Her Campus were invited to join Glo Fleux, Women in Charge and Theta Nu Xi at their Friends Mixer and Ice Cream Social, and it was an amazing night!

Ice cream is always a good incentive to go out, but the idea of a night specifically for making new friends with a wide range of women from Tech’s community was motivation enough. As we went through the night, we talked about how, in college, it’s important to have a good group of genuine gal pals that you can rely on; and I met many girls that I can say I would not hesitate to strike up a conversation with when I see them on campus, and I’m sure I’ll stay in contact with them as my time here at Tech starts to come to a close.

I’m sure there will be more events like this with these groups and I encourage everyone to go out and meet new people and discuss fun, yet important topics. This night was one I thoroughly enjoyed and the discussions on not only the importance of friendship, but conflicts and resolution techniques, showed how important it is for young women to get together and share their thoughts about issues that we face on a daily basis.

To stay informed on when events like this one are happening on campus, follow these wonderful groups on Twitter and Instagram at the following addresses:

Twitter:

@TNX_ETA

@VT_GloFleaux

@womeninchargevt

Instagram:

@glofleaux

@tnx_eta

Image Sources:

Picture from Scottie Lynch

Gifs from Giphy.com

Ashleigh Griffin

Virginia Tech '19

Ashleigh is a graduate from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.  She received a Bachelor's of Science in Food Science and Technology. Her future career will hopefully combine both her knowledge of the food industry and the importance of marketing and brand management.