Easy Summer Treats Your Friends Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The best part of summer is actually having the time to make yourself food, especially after the typical college student’s diet of pizza and coffee during finals week. Waking up in the morning and making yourself an aesthetically pleasing meal is both rewarding and healthy. Trying out new snack, dessert or dinner recipes is also a great thing to do on a rainy day with friends or family. Here are the easy recipes I found on Pinterest that you should definitely try this summer.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast

I cannot think of a better way to start my morning than this extravagant French toast. Waking up from a sleepover with friends and throwing these together quickly will keep everyone well fed for the summer day ahead.

2 Ingredient Froyo Bites

This is the perfect snack for a hot day! It is simple, quick and cheap. It is so easy to make a ton of these and just put them out for your friends when they are over.

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites

Another healthy option, these peanut butter energy bites are loaded with protein but also taste good! These are the perfect snack to pack for work or a post-run snack, maybe even pack them for your day trip to the lake!

Chunky Monkey Popsicles

These look amazing and I would totally go for the chocolate dipped option. A peanut butter banana is my go-to comfort food, and a popsicle version with chocolate is perfect for those late summer night sleepovers.

Berry Lemonade Popsicles

Country Time Lemonade is my all-time favorite summer drink, so these have to be amazing. Summer is the perfect time to cool down with a popsicle and some fresh fruit!

Campfire Cones

Okay, these are all over Pinterest and they look amazing. This is the perfect dessert to make with your friends around the bonfire, and you can each fill the cone with your favorite filling choices: like fresh fruit, chocolate or other tasty sweets!

Milk Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Popsicles

Summer is the time to try every popsicle recipe possible, and to Insta it every single time. These look amazing and will definitely be a crowd pleaser.

Nutella Stuffed Pancakes

Make your friends Nutella stuffed pancakes for breakfast or a midnight snack, and they will love you forever. Breakfast for dinner is my favorite meal so honestly why not go all out with these pancakes. In a true High School Musical throwback, as Sharpay Evans says, “It’s summer Ry, anything can happen”.

Ice Cream Waffle Sandwich

This is my all time favorite festival food that I am shocked not everyone has tried. If you have never had an ice cream waffle sandwich, please go make one now. This is such an easy dessert and you can even add some sprinkles or fruit to the ice cream to add to the aesthetic.

Camping Mac n’ Cheese

Campfire food will taste ten times better eaten fireside than if it were made in the kitchen, simply because waiting for it to heat up just builds the suspense. The longer you are waiting, the more satisfying each cheesy bite is melting in your mouth.

I scoured Pinterest for the perfect summer treats for you to enjoy with your friends and family. Hopefully this gives you some Insta worthy foods to impress everyone and give you a feeling of accomplishment over the summer.

Image Sources: Rep / Pinterest

A mechanical engineering sorority girl who will sprint across the drill field just to pet a dog.
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.