This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

When you’re busy with college, it’s easy to forget to take time for yourself. I try my best to do most of these things everyday, but let’s be real: sleep deprivation and a busy schedule can get the best of us. If you can, take one day per week to just pamper yourself. It’s the perfect way for us college girls to relax and rejuvenate!

MORNING

1. Cleanse & Exfoliate

Begin your day by cleansing and exfoliating your face. You always want to wash away the grime and oil that’s accumulated while you were sleeping. This way, you can start fresh. Then use a facial moisturizer to replenish and hydrate your skin.

2. Eat Breakfast

Everyone knows the importance of eating breakfast, but you should especially pay attention to it on a pamper day. Take the time to make some hot tea or coffee and a balanced meal. You will feel so much better throughout the day – trust me.

3. Put on Comfy Clothes

Whether it be a robe or sweats, throw on something that makes you feel good. Something extra soft and lush will be perfect!

4. Drink Water

Staying hydrated is important for obvious reasons, but it’s also great for your skin. Adding lemon to your water or infusing it with fruit makes for a nice touch. Keep this up throughout the day, and you’re bound to feel refreshed.

AFTERNOON

5. Set Goals

Sit down and really think about what’s been on your mind. Have you been stressed about anything in particular? Do you have any resolutions? Are there any projects you’ve been wanting to start? You’ll feel better when you know what you want and need to do.

6. Do Your Nails

A product that’s great for a pamper day is cuticle oil. After you’ve removed your nail polish, take the extra few minutes to moisturize those cuticles and get them looking fresh. Then you can file, buff and reapply polish for a chic at-home manicure.

7. Catch Up

Whether this means reading about politics or pop culture, take time to catch up on what interests you. Maybe for you that’s turning on E! News and scrolling through your social media. Maybe it’s taking time to upload all your latest photos to Facebook. You could even call one of your friends or family members and catch up with them! 

8. Light Candles

When transitioning from afternoon to night, lighting candles really sets the mood. Fragrance can bring warmth to the home and give you a sense of luxury. As a bonus, candles can make for a very romantic dinner if you’re with your SO!

NIGHT

10. Take a Bath

The best part of any pamper day is taking a bath. Add Epsom salt to loosen and soothe your muscles, and add essential oils for a relaxing scent. Be sure to exfoliate your body – don’t forget elbows, knees and feet – and shave your legs.

11. Moisturize

It’s hard to feel lavish with dry skin! A great way to moisturize is by using firming cream on needed areas and body butter on the rest of your body. For hair, try running an argan oil through the ends. 

12. Tend to Your Skin

Using a mask first is a great way to pull out blackheads and tighten pores. After you’ve washed that off, continue with the rest of your skincare routine. Don’t forget toner, eye cream and facial moisturizer.

12. Relax

End your pamper day by curling up in comfy pajamas and watching a movie or reading a book. Whatever you do, make sure it’s relaxing. End your night on a good note! 

Bailey Black

Virginia Tech

I'm a Virginia Tech junior pursuing a major in Public Relations; a minor in Dress, Culture, and Society; and a minor/cognate in Marketing and Event Management. You can usually find me blogging, taking photos, listening to music, playing with makeup, organizing my planner or cooking up a healthy meal. I love giving advice on beauty, fashion, health and the college lifestyle, and I'm so thankful to be working with Her Campus!
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!