stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

College Flu Season: As Told By GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Ladies and gentlemen, you know what time of year it is: flu season. In other words, the college plague. You can run, you can hide, but whether you got your shot or not, lady flu is on her way. As I sit here with tissues jammed up my nostrils, hacking up a chunk of my lung, I present you with a flu season timeline, as told by GIFs:

Sitting peacefully in class, listening to the symphony of sniffles:

Coming home to your roommate complaining about a headache:

Laying in bed realizing that you forgot to get your flu shot:

Waking up in the morning to your head pounding and your nose running like a faucet:

Blacking out on campus due to fatigue, dehydration, and flu-related denial:

Frantically scheduling an urgent care appointment:

Sitting in the urgent care waiting room for 3 hours only for them to send you to CVS for tamiflu:

Finally getting back to your room and realizing just how horrible you feel:

Vowing to get your flu shot next year, knowing that you probably won’t:

We will survive the evil wrath of college campuses during flu season! Remember to drink water, get at least 7 hours of sleep and stay far, far away from lecture hall snifflers.

Image Sources: GIFs from giphy.com

Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.