Chase Marchetti ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Chase Marchetti. Chase is a sophomore from Chesapeake, Virginia. I recently sat down with him to find out more about him, his ideal girl, and his hobbies.

Nickname: DJ Rhetorik

Birthday: January 5, 1991

Relationship status: Sorry, I’m taken.

Favorite movie: I don’t really watch movies that much, but if I could pick a favorite one it would be The Lion King. The Mufasa scene still gets me. I will never get tired of that movie, granted I haven’t watched it in about 15 years, but last time I watched it, it was great.

Favorite food: Sushi without a doubt. It’s like whatever you want packed up in a little roll, I don’t know how they do it. Well I do, but I would never be able to do it. Some good sushi is definitely my favorite; eel is amazing.

Favorite music: Any sampled music (sample music = taking pieces of a song and making something new).

What’s your major?
Communication and Spanish.

What is your ideal job?
To be a host for a TV show on MTV, VH1, or any entertainment channel; hopefully school or DJing will get me there.

What are you involved in around campus?

I’m currently an Athletic Communications intern, and I’m the founding Vice President of the Student Hip Hop Organization at Virginia Tech. I’m also the Entertainment Chair for the 2013 Leadership Team.

What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time, if you call it spare time, I have my eyes glued to the computer looking for new songs. I’m a professional “music searcher” on the Internet, that’s my secret power. I find every song and download it, legally.

What are your hobbies?
At home I’m a beach bum; I’m always at the beach. I also lose all of my money to Internet sales, if there’s a sale I’m participating in it. I find the best deals online and have boxes arriving at my door all the time. I guess I could say DJing, but it’s turned into more of a job rather than a hobby.

Where do you DJ the most?
I’ve actually turned into more of a concert DJ. It started back in the summer I DJed a Travis Porter concert in Blacksburg and then back in October I DJed for Mac Miller in Springfield, Virginia at his first sold out show. December was really crazy; I opened for Mac Miller and Big Sean at UVA, then I opened for Big Sean in Baltimore, and the last weekend of December I opened for Wu-Tang Clan in Norfolk. I also just opened for The Clipse on Saturday, and I have another opening coming up on May 2.

Okay, moving on to something our readers are probably interested in, describe your ideal girl:
My ideal girl is one that can cook some great food because I love eating, make my bed, do my laundry, take me to school…but I mean I already have my mom. [Laughs] I just need a girl with a sense of humor, and when I say sense of humor I mean someone who thinks I’m funny. Having someone that laughs at your jokes is a huge confidence booster. Oh, and someone who doesn’t mind me traveling a lot. I also need an honest girl.

Who would you say is your celebrity crush?
Sandra Bullock, she is gorgeous and hilarious. 

What are three things you can’t live without?
My mom, my Mac, and my music (alliteration dually noted).

Okay last but not least, Facebook vs. twitter?

Twitter all day.

What’s your twitter name?
@djrhetorik…follow me!

Anna Choi is a junior at Virginia Tech majoring in Marketing Management and minoring in International Business. When she isn't participating in philanthropic and sisterhood events with her sorority, she is catching up on current marketing news and updating her blogs. She loves to stay connected on various channels of social media such as Twitter and Facebook. Anna enjoys going out with friends but doesn't mind staying in and hanging out with her family including her dog. Overall she is always finding ways to meet new people, innovate, and impact anything that comes her way. She is currently studying Marketing Management and International Business at the Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech.