Blacksburg Restaurants to Support During AAPI Heritage Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, which is all about recognizing the contributions and influence of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans on the culture, history, and achievements of the United States. In honor of AAPI Heritage Month, I compiled a list of some of my favorite AAPI restaurants in Blacksburg that you should support!

Cafe de Bangkok

104 Jackson St NE, Blacksburg, VA 24060

Cafe de Bangkok is located within walking distance of the campus, right in downtown Blacksburg. They specialize in traditional Thai dishes including curry, noodle dishes, and rice woks. Check them out if you’re craving affordable Thai food or just want some refreshing Thai Iced Tea.

BB CUP

301 S Main St #106, Blacksburg, VA 24060

BB CUP is located on Main Street, also in downtown Blacksburg. They have Korean food, such as bulgogi, bibimbap, and kimchi. My personal favorite is the bibimbap because it comes in a giant bowl for a reasonable price. 

Blacksburg No. 1

125 N Main St #400, Blacksburg, VA 2406

Blacksburg No. 1 is also located on Main Street and has authentic Chinese food. Although I have never eaten there before, my friends recommend dumpling soup and ramen. They also have bubble tea to satisfy any boba cravings.

Cafe MeKong Viet-Thai Cuisine

1405 S Main St, Blacksburg, VA 24060

Cafe MeKong is located near Cook Out and they have Vietnamese, Laotian, and Thai cuisine. My personal favorite is their beef pho with rich broth and their spring rolls. Also, check out Oasis World Market right next door if you need any locally sourced groceries.  

Sushi Factory 

801 University City Blvd, Blacksburg, VA 24060

Sushi Factory is located inside of University Mall Shopping Center near the Math Empo. They have a ton of bubble tea flavors, as well as a wide array of different types of sushi. My personal favorites are the winter melon bubble tea and the crab house roll. 

Marciana Castillo

Virginia Tech '23

Marciana is a sophomore from Norfolk, VA majoring in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise with minors in Integrative Health and Wellness and Creative Writing. She aspires to become a physician and author one day. When she's not studying you can catch her watching rom coms, teaching with Hokie Wellness, sipping matcha boba, jamming to music, or playing spikeball!
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!