This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

It’s below 90 degrees today so basically I broke out the pants and am ready to burn candles and inhale everything pumpkin. Fall is so close I can almost taste it, which means being outside for more than five minutes is actually, dare I say it, enjoyable. Speaking of outside, I encourage everyone to check out the Arboria designed by Alan Parkinson on the drillfield.

This gigantic and interactive walk-in sculpture is unlike any other piece of art I’ve ever seen. The  labyrinth of twisting paths and breathtaking domes reflect a blend of Gothic cathedrals, Islamic architecture, and Archimedean solids.

The sculpture stimilates the senses, fashioning a sensation of spectacle and charm. Visitors are submersed into an astonishing realm of light with understated and saturated hues for a matchless sensory experience that transports visual art to a medium entirely unexpected.

Virginia Tech had the priviledge of featuring the Architects of Air exhibition from August 17th-21st.

Catie-Reagan Palmore is an aspiring Londoner and cat lady. She is currently in her third year at Virginia Tech with plans to graduate in Spring 2017. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre with focuses in Costume Design and Performance. Her minor is in International Fashion. In May she will finish her certificate in Fashion Business at Parsons. One of her favorite things about being a Hokie is being a photographer for Humans of Virginia Tech.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!