This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Most School Spirited or Best Pelvic Thrust

From choreographed dances to pumping up Hokies at spirit rallies, we’d definitely vote for him for most school spirited. I mean c’mon this guy’s got the moves and the brains, and we’ve dubbed him this week’s Campus Celebrity. Her Campus nation, we’d like to introduce you to Andrew Wanamaker.

Name: Andrew B. Wanamaker
Year: “Non-victory lap” senior
Nickname:Brolarbear/Brolarmaker (Long stories…not really, but let’s just pretend they are).
Signature dance move: Anything involving some pelvic thrust action.

Her Campus Virginia Tech: We know you dance your heart off as a Low Tech, but what else are you involved in?
Andrew Wanamaker: Student Alumni Associates, Kappa Delta Rho, Statistics Club, Greeks Giving Back, Pi Theta Chi and whatever else I get emailed about.

HCVT: So now that we have the “in” with one of the Low Techs, can you give us a little preview for what you guys are going to be bringing to the table this year?
AW: We’re doing a ton of sorority performances—we’re going to find out how to thrust our ways into your hearts.

HCVT: If you could pick one song to dance to, what would you pick and why?
AW: “Call On Me” by Eric Prydz would be a good one and anything (and I mean ANYTHING) by Katy Perry. I’m not above it and I’m not even going to pretend like I am.

HCVT: We’re all only human. Have you ever fallen, missed a dance move, or just flat out embarrassed yourself? What is one of your most embarrassing moments during a performance?
AW: Let’s see, I’ve fallen (it was a trust fall move and my partner forgot to catch me on the trust fall—needless to say I don’t trust him anymore), missed about a million dance moves and all that good stuff (only because it happens after 10 gallons of water get dumped on me). Most embarrassing moment has GOT to be my first performance and I couldn’t rip my pants off. What self-respecting guy can’t get his pants off?

HCVT: When’s your next performance going to be?
AW: Oct. 6 for Phi Beta Sigma and their “Dance for a Cure” philanthropy (Facebook event link is posted at the end of interview). Aside from that, our next performance will be Homecoming on Oct. 21 at 7p.m. on the Graduate Life Center lawn. I’m hosting it and you definitely do not want to miss it.

HCVT: As a senior, what advice would you give to the rest of the Hokie Nation?
AW: Get involved and get involved early. Get yourself out there and get involved in things that matter to you. Don’t accept apathy; document every weekend. Stop thinking about the past—if you had a bad week let it go, because if you don’t it’s going to become another bad week. Don’t regret anything, and most importantly LAUGH!

Dance for a Cure information: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=140636312702080

Caitlin is a senior Professional Writing major. Besides Her Campus, she is the Internal Social Chairwoman for Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. She loves the beach, animals, shopping, yoga, and Hokie football!