8 Perfect Stocking Stuffers from the HC Fall 2017 Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Christmas is just around the corner (crazy, right?!), so that means gift season is approaching faster than you can say, “Pass the cranberry sauce!” at Thanksgiving. If you’re struggling to figure out what to buy this year for roommates, friends, parents, or random second-removed cousins without breaking the bank, check out these amazing gems to fill a stocking or a holiday goody bag from the Her Campus Fall 2017 Survival Kit!

1. Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser

Nothing screams thoughtfulness like buying your bestie a facemask for Christmas. Not only does it show you care about the health of her pores, but it also shows you want her to treat herself over the holidays. The Freeman Beauty brand mixes feel-good fun with fresh botanicals to make you look good, feel good and do good for your skin! Always in constant pursuit of the freshest and purest ingredients, Freeman Beauty promises to make gorgeous skin possible for all women.

2. Aéropostale Denim Accessories

No matter the time or place, I am ALWAYS in the need of a new wallet. I don’t know what it is about girls and wallets, but I can never get enough of all the cute styles, trends and shapes. Therefore, it’s safe to say that Aéropostale’s versatile and expressive wallets are a perfect stocking stuffer to suit any girl’s needs.

3. Bed Head by TIGI Masterpiece Shine Hairspray

Want something useful, thoughtful and huge to nearly fill an entire stocking for a mom or sister? Check out the Masterpiece Shine Hairspray by TIGI – this bottle packs a massive shine and serious hold that works for any hair length and texture. Plus, this bottle is pretty inexpensive at $23, especially for being the #1 styling brand across the globe, so give the gift of true creative styling anarchy this holiday season.

4. Spindrift Sparkling Water

This one may be somewhat of a curveball, but once you taste the real, squeezed fruit flavors of lemon, grapefruit, orange mango and more, you’ll understand why this sparkling stick of dynamite makes the perfect little gift. Spindrift, believe it or not, is made of just sparkling water and fruit. Yep, that’s it. Not to mention this makes a perfect substitute for the classic candy and sweets since all Spindrift drinks are unsweetened!

5. Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner

You know what comes right after the holidays? New Years, which also means it’s the time of year where everyone tries to reorganize and plan their lives. So, help a friend out this season and gift them an amazing Erin Condren planner dedicated to creating personalized & customized organizational and lifestyle products. These planners are perfect for the gal on the go, and the hardbound cover makes it last long after the new year!

6. HI-CHEW Candy

Alright, I know I mentioned healthy alternatives to candy, but we can all make an exception for HI-CHEW. These mini bites of goodness are composed of real fruit flavor and a fun, chewy texture. And, let’s be honest, every good stocking has a sweet treat in it.

7. L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

Self tanner…in the winter? Really? Well, readers, the answer is yes, really! Think about it – there’s no better time to relive the glory days of summer than the cold, dark, dreary days of winter. Give the gift of L’Oréal’s 100% streak-free, natural looking tan to a girl who misses the sand and waves this winter.

8. Steripod clip on toothbrush protector

Last, but certainly not least, the classic annual dental hygiene item in the stocking. I’m sure everyone has gotten a toothbrush from Mom or a pack of floss from Dad each Christmas morning. However, you can easily elevate this cycle of dentist gifts by offering a Steripod clip on toothbrush protector. These little guys keep your toothbrush clean and fresh for up to 3 months, which is super important during flu season in the cold months!

Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.
Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.