6 On-Campus Dates that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

If you’re anything like my significant other and I, finding time in your hectic schedules for a date night can be challenging. Over the past few months, the notes section of my phone has been filled with cheap, on-campus date ideas that are perfect for those who live in on-campus housing, or are just looking for a date that isn’t too far from Virginia Tech’s campus.

1. Events at the Moss Arts Center

The Moss Arts Center has tons of events and shows happening each month that are perfect for a date night. Whether it be a poetry reading or circus act, the Moss Arts Center never fails to provide entertaining acts. The best part … most tickets are under 10 dollars!

2.  Grab a milkshake at Deets

This is one of my favorite things to do on a weeknight as a reward after finishing any work that I had. Deets has an endless menu of ice cream treats that you and your SO are sure to love.

3. Games in the BreakZONE

For couples who love to be competitive, head over to the BreakZONE in Squires for a game of billiards, darts or bowling. Make it even more competitive and let the loser pay!

4. Have a study date

Some may not call this a date, but I definitely do. Grab a meal or some of your favorite snacks and head over to the library for a study date. What could possibly be more romantic than that? Nothing like spending time together while preparing for an upcoming test.

5. Dinner at the Pylons  

Recently my SO and I grabbed some Chipotle and sat at the Pylons to watch the sunset and it honestly was such a great idea. Watching the sun fall over the Drillfield is something everyone should experience.

6. Events at the Hahn Horticulture Garden

This is something I just heard about recently, and can’t wait to check out! The Hahn Horticulture Garden has tons of events for you and your SO to check out, and the garden itself is open free of charge from dawn ‘til dusk.

Image Sources: GIFs from Giphy.com

Sarah Carr

Virginia Tech '20

Sarah is a current senior majoring in multimedia journalism and minoring in sociology. 
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!