This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Graduation is around the corner! It’s an exciting time of new beginnings, but also a time of reflection on your time at Virginia Tech. Here are a few ideas to help you make the most of it:

Take Grad Photos with your Friends

While we know college is a lot of classes and homework, what truly defines our experiences is the people we shared those all-nighters studying with for finals, the people who went with us to frat parties and Benny’s and the ones who were there for all the laughs and tears. Make sure you take some pictures with them! Create a lasting token of your friendship that you can show your future kids one day!

Reconnect with Friends from Freshman Year

Life gets busy, people fall out of touch. It happens! Before you leave, reach out to your old friends and see how they are doing and what their plans are before you go your separate ways! Go and grab a coffee or beer and just catch up!

Have an Adventure  

Is there anything at Tech that you wish you had done? Whether it’s doing a sunrise hike at McAfee’s Knob and then going to Homeplace for endless chicken, antique shopping in Christiansburg or going to Claytor Lake for the day, set aside all the stress of assignments and just go do it!

Write Down Your Favorite Memories from College

Memories will fade. Write down your favorite memories to have something to look back on, years down the road. Talk with your friends and reminisce about all the shenanigans from freshman year and write them down! Add any pictures you have and make it a scrapbook!

Thank Everyone Who Supported You

Everyone has had people who helped them through college, whether it’s financially, emotionally or otherwise. Send them a thank you note! Thank your parents who supported you, that professor who inspired you, or that friend who helped you on your bad days. Appreciate them for helping you fulfill your goals!

Graduation will be here before you know it! Enjoy every opportunity you have in these final days and savor the rest of your time here. Treasure these times as stories you will laugh about with your future kids and as times that you can look back on as having grown as an individual. These may not be the best days of your life, but they are chapters of your story that you shouldn’t forget!

Allison Rathert

Virginia Tech '19

Allison is Criminology Major at Virginia Tech, also minoring in Business and National Security & Foreign Affairs. She is obsessed with coffee, chocolate, old movies, writing, photography, animals, and spontaneous adventures!
Kaitlyn Horinko

Virginia Tech '19

Kaitlyn can usually be found 15 minutes early to wherever she's going, with Starbucks in hand. She is passionate about social media and finding new ways to advocate for mental health, and enjoys making playlists, road trips, and writing in her free time.