This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

One of my favorite things about fall is all of the foods that we don’t get as much throughout the rest of the year. I love the cozy feeling I get from those warm spices when it starts to get chilly outside. It reminds me that the holidays and spending time with family and friends is not too far away. If you want your pets to be able to enjoy your fall favorites, this article is for you.

Apple Rings

Another easy treat that your pets can enjoy are apple rings. Cut a cored fresh apple into rings and preheat your oven to the lowest possible temperature. Spread out the apples on a baking sheet and bake them until dry. Be sure to let them cool completely before serving them to your pets. You could also dust these with cinnamon or other fall spices and have them for yourself, just make sure to keep them separate from your pet’s treats.

Pumpkin pupsicles

I know when I think of fall flavors, pumpkin is the first thing to come to mind. Thankfully, 100% pure pumpkin puree is safe for dogs and cats. Make sure not to give your pets any pumpkin with spices or seasonings. A sweet idea for a pumpkin treat is to make pupsicles. Mix pumpkin puree and plain Greek yogurt then freeze and serve in moderation.

Puppy PSL, and other fall drinks

I love a warm pumpkin spice latte or dirty chai on a cool day. If you want your pet to experience all of the goodness that is in a full fall drink, I linked the cutest recipes above.

Fall Flavored Biscuits

If you’re looking to add some fall flair to a classic, try making your own biscuit style treats. There are plenty of simple treat recipes for both dogs and cats online that can be modified to include fun fall ingredients. Just make sure any tweaks you make are dog and cat safe first.

Mini Thanksgiving Dinner

Your dogs and cats can enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner of their own without getting sick from table scraps and it’s easier than you think. Try mashing up boiled unseasoned sweet potatoes and topping them with slices of unseasoned, boneless, skinless turkey breast. Your pets are bound to thank you for this holiday meal made with love.

Anna Gomer

Virginia Tech '27

Anna Gomer is a freshman studying Environmental Conservation and Society at Virginia Tech. Her favorite things about Virginia Tech are the beautiful campus and the school spirit! Aside from Her Campus, she is also involved in other student organizations such as Service Without Borders, Partners of Montgomery County Animal Shelter, Wishmakers, and The Women's Network! Her hobbies include dancing, traveling, cooking, and yoga. Anna enjoys writing articles about sustainability, beauty, fashion, and food/recipes. Next year she is studying abroad in Switzerland for a semester and is looking forward to writing about that experience!