This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

When it comes to getting ready in the morning, hair is always at the bottom of my list of priorities. As long as my hair is clean and somewhat well-behaved, I usually don’t bother attempting to style it. However, when I see a girl with a cute braid or a perfectly tousled messy bun I always start re-thinking my whole why-bother attitude. In an attempt to up my hair game, I’ve found 5 hairstyles that are easy, quick and will make any outfit look a little more stylish.

1. Messy Bun

You can never go wrong with a messy bun, but sometimes just throwing it up with a hair tie doesn’t work out. Check out this these steps to get a messy bun that’s sure to last while you’re speed walking across campus.

2. Half-Up

Half-ups are perfect for girls who normally go for a regular ponytail. Simply pull the top section of your hair to the back of your head and secure with an elastic. For an added touch, take a strand of hair, wrap it around the hair tie, and secure with a bobby pin.

3. Reverse Braided Bun

This look is a fun twist on your everyday messy bun. Once you get used to braiding upside down you can pull this style together in minutes. To achieve the Dutch braid shown in the picture, make sure to cross the strands under. If you want to do a French braid, cross the strands over one another.

4. Braided Ponytail 

Adding a quick braid is an easy way to amp up your everyday ponytail. Simply grab a section from the front of one side of your head and braid it. Secure it with a hair tie, then gather all of your hair into a ponytail. Don’t forget to wrap a strand around the ponytail to cover the hair tie!

5. Half-Up Bun

This hairstyle is so easy to achieve, looks great on everyone, and matches every outfit. The half-up bun quickly turns any outfit into something much cooler and instagram-worthy. To get this look, gather the top half of your hair and begin securing with a hair tie. On the last pull through, only bring the hair halfway through so it forms a loop.

Photos:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Fashion Merchandising and Design at Virginia Tech. Class of 2019.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!