This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The best time of year has arrived, Halloween! And what better way to celebrate than rocking some spooky season claws. Nail your frightful look this month by taking inspiration from boo-tiful nail art fit for every theme.

Spooky and Subtle

Some people like a bold and dramatic look, but if you’re looking for something subtle without sacrificing the festive Halloween spirit, this look is for you. A simple dark french tip accompanied by a creepy or ghoulish accent design is the perfect pairing for everyday looks during the day and haunting costume parties at night.

Horror Movie inspired

For everyone who uses October as the perfect excuse to binge watch horror movies, this set is for you. These “It”-inspired nails will send chills down the spine of anyone who gets a glance. The dripping blood coupled with the bone-chilling pennywise glare with the dramatic stiletto shape will make a bold statement at every halloween function this year.

The Nightmare Before christmas inspired

One of my favorite ways to show Halloween spirit on my nails is to pay homage to my favorite halloween movie. Mine is The Nightmare Before Christmas—and yes, it is a Halloween movie, so bring your favorite monsters to life in the form of a fresh acrylic set.

Pumpkin Patch

If you’re looking for something that can look good all autumn long, a cute pumpkin-inspired set will never go wrong. These simple orange nails with a pumpkin accent provide a fun and bright look that will perfectly match your pumpkin patch visits. To add a spookier touch, turn the pumpkins into jack-o’-lanterns.

Frankenstein-Esque

If you love spooky and scary nails, but don’t like the dark colors usually associated with them. Try a fun multi-colored set inspired by Frankenstein’s stitches. This colorful set is the perfect combination of fun and frightful, alongside my favorite nail shape, coffin. You’ll be a hit at the next Halloween party.

Brigitte Ilyev

Virginia Tech '24

Brigitte Ilyev is a current Senior pursuing a degree in Business Information Technology with a concentration in Operations and Supply Chain Management. In her spare time she enjoys playing tennis and listening to podcasts.