5 Easy Valentine’s Day Meals That Will Be Sure to Impress Your SO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and for those of you who want to make an extra special dinner for your SO (or eat an entire heart shaped pizza by yourself, I don’t judge) but don’t want it to be a total flop, these easy yet impressive recipes are for you!

And let me just tell you, anyone can make these meals. Whether you’re a pro in the kitchen, or you haven’t turned on the stove since the last time you made mac and cheese, your SO is sure to be impressed (let’s be real here – you’ll be pretty damn impressed too).

1. Homemade Heart Shaped Pizza

I know you’re probably thinking to yourself, “Doesn’t Papa John’s do this?” And to answer your question, yes they do. But the cool thing about making it yourself is that it’s so much cheaper and will be a fun activity for you and your SO! You can make things even easier on yourself with store bought dough and sauce as well.

2. Sheet Pan Flank Steak and Garlic Potatoes

Of course I had to include a steak recipe for all of my meat and potatoes people out there. Not only is this a super simple recipe, but there is minimal clean up as well. Just one pan for one extremely impressive meal.

3. Creamy Tomato Pasta with Heart Shaped Rolls

You seriously couldn’t get any more simple than pasta. This recipe goes with absolutely everything. Whether you want to throw in some veggies and go the vegetarian route, or add some grilled chicken on top, this dish is sure to impress in every way. Also, what better way to show someone you love them than heart shaped bread rolls? Just use any refrigerated bread dough and create the heart shape before baking.  

4. Shrimp Tacos

If your SO is a total seafood lover, try some shrimp tacos! This recipe is super simple, and like the pizza, the toppings are endless and entirely up to you.

5. Vegan Shepherd’s Pie

Whether you are vegan or not, this shepherds pie is so flavorful, comforting and sure to impress. Of course if you really want to you could use ground beef or any other meat, but trust me, once you try this you will never want normal shepherd’s pie again.

Image Sources:

1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5

Sarah Carr

Virginia Tech '20

Sarah is a current senior majoring in multimedia journalism and minoring in sociology. 
Kaitlyn Horinko

Virginia Tech '19

Kaitlyn can usually be found 15 minutes early to wherever she's going, with Starbucks in hand. She is passionate about social media and finding new ways to advocate for mental health, and enjoys making playlists, road trips, and writing in her free time.