10 Songs to Get You in the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

It’s December and that means festively decorating, baking cookies, snuggling in blankets, drinking hot cocoa, wrapping presents and so many more winter activities. Most importantly though, it means getting to unapologetically blast Christmas music every chance you get if Christmas is celebrated in your family. There are so many festive songs from classics every family member can sing along to all the way to new releases sure to make an impact at your next holiday party. While everyone has their personal favorites, this list will definitely get you into the Christmas spirit!

1. All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

Making it’s big debut in the holiday movie starring Hugh Grant, “Love Actually” — “All I Want for Christmas is You” is the song you belt out whether your love is requited or not. 

2. “Let it Snow” by Dean Martin

3. “Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms

“Jingle Bell Rock” will always be a favorite song for decorating the tree. While on the topic of movie pairings, who can forget that iconic scene in “Mean Girls”?  

4. “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” by Brenda Lee

5. “Holly Jolly Christmas” By Burl Ives

So much cheer to be spread in these lyrics that it can turn the biggest scrooge into a smiling soul. 

6. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Frank Sinatra

7. “Sleigh Ride” by The Ronettes

8. “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano

9. “Santa Baby” by Eartha Kitt

This song may seemed naughty in our childlike ignorance long ago, but today it is definitely a sultry classic. 

10. “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande

Hopefully this list got you into the Christmas spirit! Maybe some of your favorite Christmas songs even made the list, but if not hopefully you were still able to dance and get in the Christmas mood. Happy Holidays from the Her Campus team!

Sources: Rep/1/2/3/4/5/6

Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.