10 Questions with VT Crushes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

With over 13,000 devoted fans and hopeless romantics following it, the VT Crushes page has been a Facebook favorite for the Virginia Tech community. Whether you’re eager for entertainment by the hilarious and detailed submissions or aim to publicly win over your crush with extended anonymity, there’s opportunity here. We e-chatted with the founder and operator of the popular VT Crushes page to learn more!

1. How long ago did you start VT Crushes?

Started it with my Freshman year roommate, so about 4.5 years ago.

2. Why did you start the page?

I saw that other schools were starting theirs and decided to follow suit.

3. Why do you think the page is still so relevant today?

Because everyone has a crush and will never do anything about it!

4. Do you have a VT Crush?

I do but sadly she graduated. 

5. What’s your favorite submission?

Definitely one of the music video submissions or the creepy poems I sometimes get.

6. How many submissions do you get a day?

A few during weekdays and a lot more on weekends after DT and what not.

7. Do you like to maintain your anonymity?

At this point a lot of people know who I am so I don’t care but I think the anonymity makes the posters feel better.

8. What’s your advice to Hokies looking to find their soul mate in college?

Go talk to them immediately before life passes you by.

9. How has this page influenced your own prospects in dating?

I’m going to stay out of the dating pool for awhile as of this weekend so only time can tell.

10. Do you have anything you’d like to add?

I need to pass on the torch for this page soon so I’ll be looking for people that’d be interested in it, but I have no idea how to go about picking them.

It’s worth adding this interview was conducted over Facebook messenger, and the Her Campus team would love to help narrow the search through an elaborate and unecessary fielding process, like a YouTube speed-dating-interview-hybrid series, but alas no negotiations have been made.

Anyway, keep on crushing Hokie community, xoxo. 

(Image credit: Taken from VT Crushes page.)

Kaley Roshitsh

Virginia Tech '18

After graduating with a B.S. in Fashion Merchandising and Design from Virginia Tech in 2018, Kaley moved to NYC to start her career with WWD – the authority on the fashion, beauty and retail industries. She is credited with the relaunch of Her Campus at Virginia Tech in 2016, serving as Campus Correspondent for 2 years, building the team to 55+ members while earning multiple Pink chapter level statuses (top-20% of over 330 chapters) and being awarded "Outstanding Organization of the Year" in 2018 at Virginia Tech. Other notable achievements include the annual "Media Mixer" gala and buildout of many strategic content initiatives.