This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

As a makeup aficionado, I tend to prefer my higher end makeup products to those at the drugstore. That being said, I can’t always shell out the cash required for pricier products. When a month’s worth of Friday night pizza costs the same as a single makeup product from Sephora, sometimes you have to question whether high-end products are worth the hefty price tag.

After years of trying different drugstore makeup products, this is a list of my favorite budget buys. For a fraction of the cost and nearly identical in performance, these drugstore purchases give their higher end counter parts a run for their money.

1. Foundation. Two of my drugstore favorites are Lorel True Match Lumi and Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid makeup. What I love about the True Match Lumi is the way it gives my skin an even coverage and natural radiance. This foundation is a medium coverage and is better for normal to dry skin. What is great about this foundation is that it gives your skin a beautiful glow without looking oily or artificially shimmery. It also comes in a range of shades to fit all skin tones. My other favorite foundation is the Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid foundation, this is great for breakout prone skin as it contains salicylic acid to help prevent and control acne. It has a full coverage, without being heavy or cakey on the skin. This is better for normal to oily skin types and is a great buy for those days when your skin needs some extra coverage and a little blemish control! 
  2. Powder. Without a doubt my drugstore favorite is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This powder is wonderfully inexpensive; we’re talking $4 here. With a wide range of shades, lasting finish, and mattifying effect, this is a great powder to lay over a bb cream or moisturizer to set your skin or to give you that flawless finish. This pader is great for all skin types as the mattifying effect of the powder helps with oil but it’s silky consistency won’t settle on dry skin. 
  3. Concealer. So far I have nothing but love for my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. I never gave this concealer a second look in the drugstore because I assumed its “age rewind” label meant it was for older skin types. After reading rave reviews online, I decided to give this one a go and have not purchased a different concealer since. This concealer is amazing! Light enough to wear under your eyes, but creamy enough to cover imperfections, this concealer is multipurpose and looks phenomenal on the skin. Don’t let the label fool you; this is the perfect concealer for college girls, especially after an all-nighter or a late night out.
  4. Eye Shadow. Another Maybelline product I have fallen in love with are the Maybelline Color Tattoo’s. These come in a variety of shades, my favorite is “Bad to the Bronze”. They are perfect as eyeshadow bases or just eye colors on their own. Their cream consistency allows them to hold up against sweat, water, and time, making these beauties perfect for summer, parties, and all-day wear. The only downside to these color tattoos are that they dry out easily if left open, so always make sure to close the lid!
  5. Eyeliner. Another Rimmel favorite of mine are the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliners. These come in a wide range of colors and are an absolute steal at $3 or under a pop. With a creamy gel-like consistency and lasting wear, these are great dupes for the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on liners. I always have a couple of these in my makeup collection because they are so cheap and yet perform so well.
Megan Cahill is a Junior Marketing and International Business Co-major at Villanova University. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Villanova. A Boston native, she enjoys coastal living, iced beverages, and occasionally using the word wicked as an adjective. You can often find her brainstorming in Bartley, adding items to her multiple online shopping carts, and planning her next travel excursion. Follow her on Instagram, @megancahill15