Start Stocking Up on These Summer Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

When you’re stuck in class with nothing to do but look out the window at the rainy spring weather, you can’t help dreaming of sunshine and summer. Here are 5 things every girl can buy now to prep for the amazing season ahead!

1. Unique Bathing Suits

Everywhere you look, fun new styles of bikinis and one pieces are popping up. Try something other than the ordinary two-piece that you have in every color. Victoria’s Secret PINK, J. Crew, and tons of other popular stores are creating exciting new bathing suits that can flatter every body type and are sure to make you stand out on the beach or at the pool.

2. Cute Cover-Ups

As stores are releasing their new summer lines, tons of cute options for beach cover-ups are becoming available. With a little searching, you’ll definitely be able to find one that matches every bathing suit you have!

3. Pretty Bralettes

Aerie and Victoria’s Secret both have lots of styles and colors of bralettes to choose from. Pick a few pieces out that will go with your favorite flowy tanks or to wear to your yoga classes this summer.

4. Graphic Tees

Graphic tees and tanks are everywhere right now! They’re perfect for hanging out with friends, a day out at the mall, or throwing on over a bathing suit. With so many different options, these shirts are a great way to express yourself with fun sayings, logos, or band names. These will definitely be one of your staples this summer.

5. Denim Shorts

Denim shorts will always be a classic. You can wear them for almost any summer activity, and just like your favorite jeans, they go with everything. Perfect to pair with the quirky tees and bright bikini tops you already own!

Cara Milhaven is a sophomore studying communication at Villanova University. She is a contributing writer for Her Campus National as well as the Senior Editor of Her Campus Villanova. She loves caffeine, Christmas movies, fall, and Zac Efron.