People I Would Like to Get Coffee With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Over the past couple months I have been compiling a list of people that I would like to get coffee with – simply to chat about their jobs, experiences, families, etc.  (I don’t drink coffee, but brunch seemed too casual and dinner too formal so, alas, “coffee” it is.)  While some of the names included on this list are simply there because the person is a) hot, b) successful, or c) otherwise appealing, others are included because of the situations they’ve been through, whether that be a trying moment in history or a groundbreaking discovery that forever changed the future.

Note one: Not all of those featured on this list are actually real people.  While this is disappointing to me, I still feel I could learn a great deal from them, and, thus, they are included.

Note two: As a Political Science major, this list features many people whom were/are politically involved or affiliated.  I cannot say that I am sorry about that, as I am, of course, fascinated by each one of these people.

Without further ado, a list of people I would like to get coffee with (if I drank coffee):

Olivia Pope

What could possibly be a better place to start?  Scandal’s Olivia Pope is a powerful Washington, D.C. lawyer who knows how to get things done.  She’s smart, determined, and unfazed by our male-dominated nation’s capital.  She has the professional and personal connections to get things “handled”.  I would want to ask Liv what the most thrilling part of her unique view of Washington is.

Scott Eastwood

If you haven’t seen The Longest Ride, bump that to the top of your “Movies to See” list.  While the movie pretty much provides exactly what you would expect from a Nicholas Sparks love story, feasting your eyes on the young Eastwood is the only reason you need to devote 128 minutes of your life to this movie.  My meeting with Scott would be an opportunity to stare at his gorgeous face for an extra few minutes.

Robert O’Neill (aka the Navy Seal who killed Osama bin Laden)

If you don’t know much about the raid of the al Qaeda leader’s Abbottabad, Pakistan compound, I would highly suggest watching Zero Dark Thirty, starring Jessica Chastain.  While the identity of bin Laden’s killer was originally secret, O’Neill came forward in October of 2014 admitting to the fact that he shot the fatal bullet.  I would love to talk to him about how it felt to be the one to take the life of the most wanted man.

Chris Pratt

**Hand’s up if you saw Jurassic World and loved every second** Yep.  Other Chris Pratt favorites include: Bride Wars, The Five-Year Engagement, Zero Dark Thirty (yes, again), and Guardians of the Galaxy.  He’s funny, talented, and very adorable, which is why I would like to see #coffeewithchris in my future.

President George W. Bush

Regardless of whether or not you have a positive view of his presidency, his time in office was incredibly unique.  As commander-in-chief during our country’s most devastating terror attack, President Bush could provide context for the events of September 11, 2001.  Because I was only five years old at the time, I have limited understanding of the shift that occurred in the United States after that day.  I would ask President Bush what was going through his mind when the second plane hit the South Tower, and when he realized the significance of how that day would change the course of American history.

Clint Hill (First Lady Jackie Kennedy’s Secret Service agent)

I am completely fascinated by the Kennedy family.  This past summer, I read Mrs. Kennedy and Me, written by Mr. Hill about his experience serving as protector, confidant, and friend to President John F. Kennedy’s wife.  Secret Service agents have a unique lens into the lives lived by the first family out of the view of the public eye.  One of the most alluring public figures to occupy the White House’s private residence was Mrs. Kennedy.  She lived through tense times both for herself, such as her husband’s numerous affairs, and for the country, such as the Cuban Missile Crisis.  Mr. Hill was one of the few people who was with her through it all.  I would ask him about what it was like to know so much of the pain she experienced, and how he coped with being incapable of helping her.

Carrie Mathison

I am well aware that this Homeland heroine is completely crazy.  However, she is also smart and determined in her quest to find justice.  I’d like to talk to Carrie about how she justifies working outside the parameters set for her by her boss.  When there is potential to find the information she is looking for, she will go to any lengths to get what she needs.

Chuck Bass

Aaaaaand we’re back to hot guys.  I’m going to finish up by using the image below to sum up why I would like to get coffee with Gossip Girl’s most eligible bachelor.

While coffee with just one of these people would basically complete my life, I’ll just have to survive by admiring them from afar.

Elizabeth studies Political Science at Villanova University (Class of 2018).