To My First Best Friend On Your Wedding Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

To My First Best Friend on Your Wedding Day,

You were one of my very first visitors on the day I was born; showering me with lots of hugs and kisses. You held me and talked to me all day. You were my first best friend in life and have been ever since.

Whether you and I were trick-or-treating, swimming in your pool, or coloring Easter eggs we would do everything together. I was your shadow- wherever you went I went too. We would spend hours at your house playing with your dog, watching all the TV shows I wasn’t allowed to watch like Spongebob or PowerPuff girls, and even playing with video games, which I wasn’t allowed to play with either. We would laugh for hours like two best friends.  

As we got older, I still followed you around and thankfully you let me too. I met all your cool older friends & listened to all your cool music like the Backstreet Boys and In-Sync on your portable CD player.

You were so cool back then, and all I wanted to do was to be just like you- carefree, beautiful, and happy. You were my role model back then and you still are now.

There has not been one birthday that we have not celebrated together. You have been a part of every single celebration, even if you were the oldest one there. You were right there alongside of me to sing me happy birthday every year and to celebrate another year of life.

With each year, our relationship grew stronger and stronger. You became more than a best friend to me you were like a sister. I looked to you for guidance and advice when life would get a little tricky. But you would always be there with a smile and a hug, and something funny to say to cheer me up. You went with me to buy my first real makeup and even taught me how to put it on, you were there when I went on my first real date with a boy, and when I went to my first prom. There is no one I would have wanted to be by my side throughout life cheering me on and supporting me like you have.

So Kay Kay, on your wedding day I wish you nothing but love and happiness in your next chapter of life with Zach. I know that you two will have an amazing life together. I want you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me not only as my cousin but also as my best friend. Know that I will always be here to cheer you on and support you like you always have for me. I hope that all the things you have taught me about life- to love it, cherish it, and not to take it too seriously- you will teach to your children one day. I love you to the moon and back.

Love, Courtney