Meet @swagfoodphilly, Megan Dugery ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Megan Dugery is a student at Villanova and runs the account @swagfoodphilly on Instagram. 

Megan (left) and other @swagfoodphilly account holder Gianna (right) 

Where are you from?

Doylestown, PA

What year are you?

Sophomore (technically a freshman, I transferred here from Bucknell) 

What are you studying?

Economics 

What is your favorite food? 

Buff Chick Pizza 

@swagfoodphilly

What is your favorite TV show? 

Game of Thrones 

When did you get the idea to start the Instagram account? Did you start the account by yourself?

My best friend Gianna and I started the account the August before we left for college.

How many followers do you have now? Did it immediately gain popularity?

Right now we have 67,500 followers. We both left for college right after it started so a lot of friends from home followed it then, but it took a while for us to gain a significant amount of followers.

@swagfoodphilly

Are you able to eat at places for free to promote their food in return?

We get sent a lot of cool food like edible cookie dough and hot sauce, and restaurants and PR firms will host events for us and other food bloggers and writers, but we aren’t famous enough to show up at restaurants and eat for free.

What is your favorite part of having @swagfoodphilly ?

Free food!! We also got to go to a charity gala with the mayor of Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Union team which was so cool.

Since you’re a foodie, what is your favorite food that you have instagrammed recently?

Prob Shake Shack or sushi burritos from Hai St.!

What is your favorite food near Villanova?

White Dog’s fries or Nudy’s pancakes. 

@swagfoodphilly

Did you ever think that @swagfoodphilly would grow into a well known foodie account?

Lol no it’s the weirdest thing ever.  

Follow @swagfoodphilly for more mouthwatering pictures of the best eats around! 

Claire Peck is a junior at Villanova University studying Economics. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Villanova which relaunched in January 2015. She studied in Barcelona for the fall semester and loves to travel. Follow her on instagram, @clairepeck