This Is the Biggest Cannoli in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Oh, yes! A cornerstone of Little Italy serves up the biggest cannoli you’ve ever seen.

So there’s this place that serves giant cannoli in New York City… maybe you’ve heard of it? I saw a video on INSIDER’s Facebook page, shared and liked by friends, about how a beautiful restaurant with some seriously genius dessert chefs made the biggest cannoli in NYC. The spot? Gelso & Grand on the corner of Mulberry and Grand St, right in the heart of Little Italy.

Around 5:00 on a Thursday, a few of my friends and I figured we’d try it out and see if it lived up to the hype. On a gorgeous late afternoon, this corner restaurant had outdoor seating and a front room with open windows for customers popping in for drinks or desserts—that’s us!

The beautiful “Holy Cannoli” arrived just minutes after we put in our order, accompanied by a wooden hammer and a flag in the middle of the plate that said “Smash me!”

One half stuffed with matcha cream, Oreos, and chocolate chips, and the other half with vanilla bean cream, Reese’s Pieces, and peanut butter cups, it was an interesting yet delicious blend of flavors, and definitely original!

Between the three of us, we pretty much destroyed the cannoli, but our plate was definitely not completely clean when we headed out of the restaurant. The $14 dessert is advertised as “made for two” but we still had some to spare by the time we tapped out and couldn’t eat anymore. So bring more than one friend if you head over!

So props to Gelso & Grand! They managed to have a prime location, a great restaurant atmosphere, and they served up a delicious cannoli. Catch me back here in the coming months to taste whatever pasta the guy sitting next to me was having!