10 Reasons Why How I Met Your Mother Is The Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Villanova chapter.

Here’s the honest truth: I watch too much “How I Met Your Mother”. It’s a problem, but I don’t intend on stopping anytime soon because I am convinced that this is the greatest show I will ever watch. It can always give me something to laugh, smile, or cry about and it’s what I love to turn to at the end of an exhausting day. Here are 10 reasons why “How I Met Your Mother” is the best:

10. Marshall and Lily’s Relationship

Relationship goals. Marshall and Lily met in college and their compatibility is like no other. You can always count on them to restore your faith in true love, especially when Ted’s love stories make it seem like it may not exist.

9. The Backstories

Robin was a Canadian teen pop sensation. Barney was a hippie. Does it get any better?

8. Barney’s Never-Ending List of Rules

“Ted, what’s my one rule? … No, my other one rule.” It could go on forever.

7. The Slaps

It keeps you on the edge, doesn’t it?

6. The Unbreakable Friendships

Despite their constant antics, they did really all care about each other. 

5. The Yellow Umbrella Mystery

The reveal what we all waited for.

4. The Doppelgangers

And the fact that they used the sighting of the doppelgangers in their decision-making processes.

3. Their “Real World” Struggles

Sometimes it was almost too relatable.

2. Ted

We’ve all been Ted. He struggles throughout from his chosen career path as an architecht to his ever-changing relationship status. There’s a Ted for all of us.

1. The Booth

Always and forever!