This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Dating is hard. Dating in college is like playing the lottery — chances are you wasted your time and money. You can meet a guy and he’ll be great… until he does these things that make you go from “oooh!” to “oh.” 

1. He hits you with that “wyd” text at 2 a.m. The answer is simple; not you.

2. When they ask you why you’re wearing makeup. Listen here buddy, if you’re not complimenting how radiant my highlight is then I don’t want to hear it.

3. Telling you that you should wear more makeup. Are you going to buy my moisturizer, foundation, primer, concealer, setting spray AND coutour kit? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

4. “I’m not a feminist, but I do believe in equality.” You clearly haven’t had a dictionary or Beyonce in your life. Please educate yourself.

5. “I’m a meninist.” Leslie Knope said it best. 

6. When they call you “dude” or “bro”. Excuse me, but do I look like a motherf*cking “bro” to you?

7. When they want to date, but not be exclusive. Listen, I get that hook-up culture exists. But if you’re telling me that you have feelings for me and you’re going to try to talk to other girls; that’s not going to fly.

8. When they’re disrespectful to their parents. If you can’t be respectful to the people that raised you, I can’t expect you to be respectful to me.

9. When they patronize you. I know that I’m cute when I’m angry. I’m cute when I’m happy. I’m cute when I’m sad. I’m an overall cute person. However you doing something stupid was not cute – let me tell you all the ways it was not cute.

10. “Donald Trump isn’t that bad.” Actually, not sorry. You’re talking about a sexist, xenophobic, misogynistic pig and if you think there’s nothing wrong with that then thanks, but no thanks.

Jessica is a Theatre Major with a concentration in Costume Design. Although design is her passion, she loves writing and is so glad to be a part of Her Campus VCU. She hopes you enjoy her writing as much as she enjoys writing it.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!