Will Goodwin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Will Goodwin

Age: 20

Year: Junior

Hometown: Rixeyville, Virginia

Major: Entrepreneurship and a Religious Studies minor.

Relationship Status: Taken, and by a yoga teacher at that.

How are you involved at VCU or in the community?

Well I’m in an honors fraternity but other than that I am actually trying to be more involved at VCU, but in the community I’d like to say I am an avid event attender. Recently I’ve been trying to get into a habit of going to the Jazz Night’s they have at the VMFA and yoga classes at Project Yoga Richmond.

Favorite spot in Richmond:

Probably Maymont Park just because there’s a little bit of everything there from trees, animals, to Japanese gardens, and occasionally even concerts.

Who would play you in the movie of your life?

Matt Damon, but definitely a young Damon like in Good Will Hunting. It’s about a young genius named Will and that’s my life’s story to a T.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

Those little half car spaces people leave between the car in front of them and the car behind when they park in the city that leave you without a spot to park close to home. Those people should be ticketed for parking greed.

Last song you listened to:

Angel from Montgomery by John Prine

Any guilty pleasures?

Cheese, I once ate a half pound of brie with bears in a sitting.

Celeb crush:

Easy, Jennifer Lawrence. Me and you J-Law forever and ever.

Do you have any hidden talents?

I play music from time to time but my most hidden of talents is my ability to throw a baseball believe it or not I used to be quite the pitcher not too long ago.

What’s your spirit animal?

I’ve been told it’s either a moose or a bear, but I think I need to pack on a few pounds before I could be a bear.

What are you going to be for Halloween?

Lincoln but the Lincoln with the hole in his head.

Fun fact:

Because of gravity’s effect on time when you are at the beach time actually moves the most miniscule amount slower because you are closer to the center of the Earth, point being yes beach time (aka Corona time) actually exists.

Sarah is from Lynchburg, Virginia but has lived in Richmond since attending Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012 where she studied Mass Communications with a concentration in print journalism. She began contributing to Her Campus at VCU as a freshman and was developed to lead the chapter as Campus Correspondent for two years where she increased membership by 65% and brought the chapter ranking from bronze level to platinum level. She enjoyed attending both the mid-atlantic conferences held with the chapter at the College of William & Mary and Her Conferences held in NYC.  Sarah currently works in the tech industry in marketing. She has a background in communications, hospitality and nonprofit consulting. She still loves attending VCU basketball games and also loves live music. In her free time, she likes going on long walks with her dog, tending to her house plants and cycling around downtown. Fun fact: she has never owned a car and is a community advocate for public transit. Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn.