This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

True crime is one of my favorite topics to learn and talk about. I’ve always been a fan of shows like “Criminal Minds” and documentaries like “Abducted in Plain Sight,” so when I came across Bailey Sarian’s Youtube channel, I was instantly in love. Bailey Sarian, an American Youtuber, has 2.79 million subscribers, and her following is on the rise. Bailey creates several types of videos, but her most popular videos are arguably her Monday uploads, which she cleverly named “Murder, Mystery, Makeup.” (Almost) every Monday, she uploads a video of herself doing her makeup for the day and telling her viewers a true crime story.

Her stories have ranged from lesser-known cases like the “Blood Countess” to more popular criminals like Jeffery Dhamer. She is always looking for video suggestions, which can be posted in her comment section. Bailey never shies away from the scary and gory but will give a trigger warning if the story gets too disturbing. Bailey has a hilarious personality, which makes for great storytelling. You can always count on her adding bits of humor to the sad and/or horrifying recounts of the true-crime stories. Her humor breaks up the intense information that she is sharing, but she never downplays the seriousness of any story.

Not only is Bailey funny, but she is also a great storyteller. She loves to give background on the killers’ lives growing up, which oftentimes makes you think that if their home life had been easier, maybe their adult lives would have turned out differently. She also makes the stories easy to follow, no matter how twisted and confusing they may be. You can tell that she is passionate about true crime by the way she talks, which automatically draws the listener in.

Her storytelling skills also come out when she whips out her middle school diary. She created a series of videos where she just reads pieces of her old diary, and I can’t get enough of it. Her childhood insecurities are relatable, and even as a child, she was hilarious. I always wonder if the people she mentions in her diary know how popular she is and how far she has come in life—especially the people who were jerks to her. 

In addition to true crime, Bailey Sarian is amazing at doing her makeup. She posts a range of tutorials, from bold eyeshadow, looks to Halloween makeup. She uses an array of products that are affordable and has even collabed with several beauty companies to create her own products. She recently released an eyeshadow pallet collaboration with Estate Cosmetics, which features bright yellows and oranges and plenty of sparkles. She also released a nail polish collaboration with Loud Lacquer that is full of gorgeous colors that are cleverly named after a few of her catchphrases (like “suspish”) and, of course, her pitbull, Saint. If that isn’t enough products for you to check out, she also has her own really cool merch

So, if you love, or even just like, true crime, makeup or funny stories, check out Bailey Sarian; you won’t be disappointed!

Kristen is a senior with a major in Elementary School Education. She loves to read, camp, and hang out with her two dogs and awesome husband.
Mary McLean (née Moody) is an avid writer and is the former Editor in Chief of Her Campus at VCU. She wrote diligently for Her Campus at VCU for two years and was the Editor in Chief for three years. You can find her work here! She double majored in Political Science and History at Virginia Commonwealth University and graduated in 2022. She loves her son, Peter, and her cat Sully. You can find her looking at memes all night and chugging Monster in the morning with her husband!