Why I Love Astrology

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Growing up, I used to be obsessed with horoscopes. As a young kid, I used to always believe that I would find my soulmate just because of Cosmopolitan. After years and years of being single, I grew to realize that maybe the horoscopes on Cosmo weren’t very accurate. Due to this, I began to be that kind of person that believed horoscopes and astrology weren’t real. That was always a belief in my head until I discovered the truth in astrology. Nowadays, you’ll catch me asking for someone’s birthday to find out their sign.

What needs to be known from the start is that horoscopes are not the same thing as astrology. When it comes to astrology, everyone is born with a birth chart which explains aspects of a person’s personality based on the positions of the sun, moon, etc. I know some people still believe that this isn’t real, however, when I looked at my birth chart, I felt like it was truly explaining who I am in ways that no one else could.

Most people believe that astrology is just people’s personalities based on their sole sign. However, that is not the case. Everyone has their own birth chart and it consists of multiple signs in different ways. For example, my sun sign, which means my personality from an outside perspective, is a Scorpio. It’s relatively easy to determine what your sun sign is because you just need to know your birthday. However, my moon sign, which depicts my emotions, is a Gemini. In order to determine what your moon sign is, you need to know your birthday, the place you were born, and time of birth.

Personally, I am a true born Scorpio, and I love everything about my sign. In my opinion, it’s so fun to watch videos about your zodiac sign and others’ signs, too. Not only have I figured out how accurately I am a Scorpio, I discovered how much my friends are like their own Zodiac signs. Once you watch one video or read one article about astrology, it’s incredibly hard to stop.

Even if you are reading this article and don’t believe a word I’m saying, I highly suggest that everyone go into research their zodiac sign. I’m not going to pretend like I’m an expert on astrology, but there’s so much that goes into it and it’s so interesting to learn about. I always find myself reading into people just because of their zodiac sign and it’s a fun thing to do with yourself. You can call me crazy, but I love astrology and I highly recommend it to everyone.

If you’d like to find out your birth chart, you can go here! Have fun discovering a little bit more about yourself!

Picture Credits: Cover, 1

Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!