The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

College can be hard for students who choose to be sober. April is Alcohol Awareness Month, and a perfect time to try some places in Richmond with tasty mocktails — for those who want to fit in with those drinking margaritas and espresso martinis.

Tazza Kitchen

Tazza Kitchen has an extensive cocktail menu, with some aesthetically named after SZA songs like “Seek + Destroy” and “Go Gina,” which is one of their non-alcoholic options. This restaurant is located at 1500 Roseneath Rd. 

Lillie Pearl

Lillie’s has many cocktail and specialty cocktail options that can easily be turned into mocktails. Enjoy a colorful drink with friends in Downtown Richmond at 416 E. Grace Street.

The Daily Kitchen & Bar

The Daily has two locations in the Richmond area, in the Carytown and Short Pump areas. The restaurant has a mocktail menu and serves brunch, lunch and dinner to go with your sweet drink. 

Three Notch’d Brewing Co.

For those who may prefer the taste of a beer over a mixed drink, Three Notch’d has a non-alcoholic IPA or Indian Ale Pale to offer. This brewery is located at 2930 W Broad Street. 

Laura Lee’s

Laura Lee’s has a separate mocktail menu, with one of them hilariously named “Cat’s Pajamas.” This restaurant is located in the Forest Hill area at 3410 Semmes Ave. Enjoy the artsy vibes of this place while sipping on a pretty drink with your closest group of friends.  

Alcohol can definitely bring a good time, but for some it only brings anxiety, stomach aches or sad feelings. Trust your gut, and take good care of it by trying some of the options listed above. Either way, you won’t regret the fun time spent with friends during some of the most fun years of your life.

Chloe Hawkins currently attends VCU pursuing a major in Mass Communications with a focus in digital journalism and a minor in history. She has many interests including politics, the environment, and education. Her main goal while writing for HERCampus is to connect with more people in the Richmond area.