This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Everyone needs a new set of tunes to set their minds free every once in a while. The beauty and freshness of spring is a perfect time to start a new, budding playlist full of wonderful artists. Here is a new playlist of vintage tunes perfect for the season!

“Comin’ Back to Me” – Jefferson Airplane (1967)

The sweet, gentle guitar of this song mixed with its transcending melodies make it best suited to be played in an overgrown garden while you wait for your love to return.

“Don’t Call on Me” – The Monkees (1967)

This song’s soft melody was featured in an episode of “The Monkees” where they frolicked through Paris in a drizzle – the perfect spring activity.

“Trouble” – Cat Stevens (1970)

For everyone going through a tough time, Cat Stevens will speak to your soul. This ever so magical tune will make even the hardest heart melt.

“I Was Made to Love Her” – The Beach Boys (1968)

This cover shows features the powerful, passionate vocals of Carl Wilson and it is guaranteed that you will start dancing soon after it starts.

“Hello It’s Me” – Todd Rundgren (1972)

You’ll envision yourself on a spring break cruise sipping an Arnold Palmer and looking off into the sunset while listening to this classic 1970s ode.

“Old Fashioned Love Song” – Three Dog Night (1975)

This dreamy, very 1970s song will get your mind spinning with its retro swagger.

“Didn’t Want to Have to Do It” – Cass Elliot (1965)

Cass Elliot (AKA Mama Cass) was famous for her involvement with the quintessential 1960s band, The Mamas and the Papas, and her colorful tent dresses to frame her larger figure. However, her solo work is often ignored. This song echos and brings back to mind an old love.

“You Didn’t Have to Be So Nice” – The Lovin’ Spoonful (1966)

One of the more cheerful songs on this playlist, it’s playful melody will be stuck with you for hours and force you to crack a smile.

“Nowadays Clancy Can’t Even Sing” – Buffalo Springfield (1966)

This little number’s melody is similar to the experience of running through a carnival at sunset in a fringed suede jacket with your best friend.

“By The Time I Get to Phoenix” – Glen Campbell (1967)

We will end this playlist with a country classic – but don’t shy away from it because it’s country. It also features the beautiful sounds of an orchestra. Old country is quite different from the country of today.

Add these tunes to a Spotify playlist or check them out on YouTube and get to listening!

Photo credits: Cover, 1, 2, 3

Madeline Wheeler is a journalist major with a focus in print and online journalism at VCU. In her free time, she enjoys drinking floral teas, going to underground concerts in smoky basements, and hunting for keys to the past in antique stores.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!