VCU’s Best Pranksters and Prankees

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Are you a lover of a good prank? These VCU pranksters and victims share their stories on the day of celebrating tricks and hoodwinks! If you’re looking for ideas or appreciate a good laugh at the expense of others, we’ve got you covered.

“I wrote up a fake expulsion letter in high school and gave it to my mom.” -Caroline McLoughlin

“One year I pulled this prank on my ex boyfriend. So I basically called him crying and told him that I was in the hospital and he was like, ‘Oh my god, what the hell, why?’ Then I had told him that I tripped over a curb on the sidewalk and my face had ran into a pole and I had knocked my front tooth out. So basically I had one tooth. And he got really quiet…and that’s when I finally said, ‘April fools!’ and after that he told me he would have dumped me if that was true…” -Emily Mondloch

“One time my sister managed to sneakily place a life sized Harry Potter cut-out in the bathroom while I was taking a shower. When I ripped open the curtain, I screamed at the top of my lungs because I thought there was a man standing there.” -Sydney Menchhoff

“My friend once successfully convinced me it was Friday when it was actually Thursday…so I missed all my classes the next day because I fell for it.” -Evan Herr

“I pulled a Cinderella Story for my best friend in high school and rewrote her college acceptance letter saying she didn’t get in, when she did. It was the only school she applied to…she cried…I laughed…a lot.” -Emily DiMartino

“So my grandma was born on April 1 and every year my sister and I like to do some kind of prank on her. Two years ago we ran across a funny cake prank online and decided that’s what we wanted to do that year. Basically, what you had to do was put a blown up balloon in a cereal box that was cut in half and smother it with whipped cream and sprinkles to make it look like a cake. We didn’t like how it looked (it was basically a rectangular cake with a big bump in the middle) so we ended up putting it in a circular pan and played it off as we made a hill because she was ‘over the hill.’ We let her do the honors of cutting her cake and as soon as the knife sliced into the balloon it exploded and whipped cream was everywhere! It was definitely one of the best pranks we pulled on her. She now doesn’t trust any of the baked goods we bring her on her birthday.” -Alexx Anthony

“I told my ex boyfriend I was pregnant last year; he didn’t think it was funny.” -Elissa Amador

Happy April Fools, Rams! Play nice! Or don’t…

Katie is a 21 year old Psychology major at Virginia Commonwealth University. Her legal name is Katherine, but only her mother can call her that when she's in trouble. She loves coffee, lipstick, science, leggings, and people who properly cite their sources.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!