nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

VCU Career Services is a Real World Aid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

When in the hectic routine of classes, it can be difficult to stay on top of your career goals. One week you‘re studying every minute of the day away for finals, and the next week you find out that the application date for an internship you were looking at is due the next day. Thankfully, VCU has resources to keep you on top of your goals and even look beyond those goals to new options.

VCU Career Services should be students’ go-to resource but sadly, many students are unaware of its existence. Career Services (CS) can aid with goals, internships and much more. Hopefully, this can work as a guide to all the things it can be used for.

Starting at the beginning is step one. CS has a list of majors and gives options and ideas as to what you could do and what to pursue when you start thinking about what to do with your major. This can also help decide what major is best for you if you are still trying to figure it out. Similarly, CS gives an option of aiding in choosing careers on the site or in person with an advisor.

Once you figure out what you want to do, you have to jump into the workforce with an internship. CS provides internship listings and advising. Further than that, one must pursue an actual career. The CS career fairs are a great place to start. CS also provides listings of both full-time and part-time jobs as well as other sites that can aid in the search.

Career Services is an easy resource to start with and is no extra cost. So take advantage this great resource Rams! You can make an appointment at any time. 

Photo credit: 1, 2

Katie, a Senior at VCU, is majoring in International Studies focused in European studies and is minoring in both Spanish and Writing. She credits all success and sanity to dry shampoo, The Arctic Monkeys, and chocolate. Her favorite things include argumentative essays, pitbull puppies (or really any puppy), and spring. Katie hopes to one day get paid to travel the world and write.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!