The Top 5 Zac Efron Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

I’ll admit it, I’m obsessed with Zac Efron and have been since sometime in-between “High School Musical” and “17 Again.” I love his chestnut-colored hair and perfect sun-kissed tan, and just about all the character he’s ever played in any movie. Ever. Although, the time has come and it is my time to rank Zac Efron’s top five movies with my ratings of each movie overall.

*Warning* This article may contain spoilers!

1. 17 Again

Hands down, best movie Zac Efron has ever been a part of. The character he plays as having to portray a father who has magically morphed into his 17-year-old self was a huge character to interpret and play and Zac Efron did it amazingly. His acting skills are particularly portrayed well in the courtroom scene of this movie where he reads a letter to his soon-to-be ex-wife in hopes to win her heart back.

2. Charlie St. Cloud

“Charlie St. Cloud” is a very sentimental movie for those who want a good cry. In this movie, Zac Efron portrays an older brother who gets into a car accident with his younger brother who evidently ends up dying from the impact.

3. Neighbors

“Neighbors” is a comedy and was included on this list because I think it’s the best comedy Zac Efron has been featured in. Sorry, but “Bad Grandpa” doesn’t cut it for me.

4. The Lucky One

“The Lucky One” is another sentimental and intimate film Efron has been a part of and is quite amazing. The plot is very different from any other film he has been featured in and once again he portrays the character of a traumatized war veteran incredibly.

5. High School Musical (1)

High School Musical: A classic. This movie could not be left out of this list. “High School Musical” is where actor Zac Efron received his claim-to-fame as dreamy high school basketball player Troy Bolton.

Main takeaway: Zac Efron is an amazing(ly attractive) actor and has been the lead role of many prestigious movies and has portrayed an array of many different characters.

Pictures: 1  2  3  4  5

Meagan is a Junior at Virginia Commonwealth University obtaining a degree in bachelor of Science (B.S) with a concentration in Health Science. Meagan would describe herself as a free spirit whose goal in life is to be happy. She is interested in natural and organic beauty products and enjoys fashion and makeup. Although she does not label herself as vegan, she tries to eat mostly plant-based. Meagan's career goal is to be a health and wellness writer for a company. She will be graduation in the year 2020. Currently, Meagan is an active She enjoys all things natural beauty and sustainability. She was born and raised in Northern Virginia where she lived with her Mom, Dad, and older brother who attends Virginia Tech.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!