This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

East Asian skincare has held the attention of social media, but I don’t think its makeup has gotten nearly as much attention as it should. They make some of the greatest glitters and lip products I’ve used, and they’ve become a staple in my makeup routine that I couldn’t live without. All of these products can be found on Yesstyle.com. 

1. Rom&nd – Better Than Palette Secret Garden in 00 Light & Glitter Garden

If you’re looking to spice up your eye look with some glitter, this palette will be your dream. It has 10 easy-to-apply chunky glitter shades from copper to white and gives a variety of choices for any makeup look. In my personal experience, this palette is pigmented enough that only a dip into each pan is needed, although some of the chunkier formulas do have some fall-out, as with any kind of loose glitters. I highly recommend this as it is very versatile and can be used sparingly for every day or applied generously for a dramatic, going-out look. 

1. too cool for school – Artclass By Rodin Shading in #01 Classic

I’ve commonly found that bronzers and contour shades in Western makeup tend to lean on the orange side. Once I discovered this shading kit, I was super happy with the results! It has three shades that lean on the lighter side as it is catered towards Asian skin tones, but if you fall into the fair to fair-medium category this is perfect for sculpting. The lighter powder is also great for setting your face makeup and leaves a smooth, silky finish. 

1. Peach C – Champagne Eye Glitter in #02 Valentine Pink

This Champagne Eye Glitter by Peach C was one of the first glitters I purchased. It still holds true as one of my favorites, especially for the undereye area for a little pop of shine. It looks gorgeous on the eyelid as well, and the shade Valentine Pink is a beautiful rosy gold color that matches well with any look. The bottle that it comes with is quite tiny but it’s very pigmented so it can last a while depending on how much you use. 

1. Rom&nd – Glasting Water Tint in #05 Rose Splash

I’ve always been a fan of the wet lip trend in East Asia, where plump, hydrating lips are in opposition to the ultra matte lip of 2016. This tint gives the perfect amount of color while leaving your lips feeling moisturized. The color lasts for numerous hours, although it does fade by the end of the day. I find that it lasts longer than most Western versions of tints, especially this brand Rom&nd which is reliable in their lip products. 

1. ISEHAN – Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara Super Waterproof

For someone with stubborn Asian eyelashes like myself, this is the only mascara that I’ve found to hold a curl. It’s a popular Japanese bestseller, and I recommend the waterproof formula as it lasts all day and flakes very little. It’s lengthening as well as volumizing and I’ve relied on it time and time again to get me through a long day or a grueling night out.

Courtney Te is a Graphic Design major and a Psychology minor at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is passionate about animals, writing and graphic design.