Top 10 Drag Queens to Ever Appear on RuPaul’s Drag Race

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

With Rupaul’s Drag Race season nine underway, it is time to spill the tea and throw all of the shade. It is too early to decide who will be the next drag queen superstar, but let’s take a look back at the all-time best queens.

1. Detox

A Los Angeles queen who was top three of season four of RuPaul’s Drag Race, Detox is plastic, beautiful and shady. Her unique lip syncing techniques and the way she carries herself has placed her as one of the fans’ favorites and on the top 10 best queens. 

2. Alaska 

Alaska won Drag All-stars, and it was well deserved. She is filled with immense talent and is one of the funniest queens to hit the runway. She used her uniqueness to propel her to the top and she will continue to be one of the greatest of all time. 

3. Katya 

Katya, the Russian prostitute, fourth in season seven and second in All-stars, uses her beauty mixed with comedy and dark humor to stand out among the crowd. Her Russian accent and brilliant blonde wigs place her on the top 10 queens.

4. Bianca Del Rio

The harsh, crass comedy queen from New York; Bianca Del Rio stole the show in season six of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She is quite possibly the funniest queen to ever grace the show. 

5. Sharon Needles 

Sharon Needles won season four of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She focuses on her love of gore and horror to sell her drag while the judges, other queens and the audience stay gagging. She has paved the way for other queens and is truly a one-of-a-kind. 

6. Adore Delano 

Adore Delano, the singer and performer, first saw the spotlight on American Idol. A finalist for season six, Adore’s bubbly personality and punk rock aesthetic places in the top 10 best drag queens.

7. Chad Michaels 

Chad Michaels, a professional Cher impersonator, proved her worth by winning Snatch Game and was the runner up of the fourth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race.  

8. Trixie Mattel 

The season seven queen may not have made it far in the game, but she has found a name through her unique style and campy personality.

9. Alyssa Edwards 

What’s Alyssa’s secret? That she proved herself on season five and All-stars season two. From the beef with Coco Montreese to her signature Texas accent, Alyssa has proved her worth.

10. Ginger Minj

Season seven’s big Southern queen stole the stage every time with her comedy and her beauty. She proved she deserves to be in the top 10 drag queens with her shady charm. 

Emily Holter is a Freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She studies Mass Communications with a concentration in Print and Online Journalism. She is an avid reader of books, a lover of all things Cher, and a flower enthusiast. Most days, she is tucked away in a coffee shop, sipping on her black coffee and enjoying light conversation.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!