This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name: Tonecia Brothers-Sutton

Age: 18

Where are you from? Chesapeake, VA.

What’s your major and why?

Journalism. I was really into acting during my high school career. I did radio commercials and that really got me into broadcasting, and I love being in front of the camera!

What made you pick VCU?

They have a really good journalism program, and the Robertson School of Media and Culture is accredited. I also really like the city.

How do you like it at VCU?

I like it a lot, I’ve met a lot of great people, especially my roommates. I like being a part of the VCU community and I love all of my classes.

What made you want to be on homecoming court?

At my high school we didn’t have a homecoming, so I thought that it would be a cool thing to experience. I really want to get to know my community and represent the class of 2019.

How do you like it at VCU?

Salinna Lor is a freshman at Virginia Commonwealth University. She's addicted to coffee, frozen yogurt, vloggers, Kate Spade, and writing. You can catch her on Instagram or Twitter (@salinnalor)
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!