This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Dear long distance best friend, 

Bear with me because this is about to get sappy. 

I found myself staring at this computer screen not knowing where to start. There are so many things I yearn to say, but I think the easiest way to start is by saying thank you. You have truly helped me through my lowest of lows and been there to experience my highest of highs. Thank you for accepting me for who I am and sticking by my side no matter the circumstance. You are the greatest friend I could ever ask for, and I don’t thank you enough.

Although I miss you every day, you’re still my person. I have firmly decided that this aspect of adulting is quite literally the worst part. Although we are not together physically I am grateful you are always just one phone call away. I invariably look forward to our next adventures and cherish the ones we’ve already experienced. 

Here’s to spontaneous road trips, vlogging, the candy basket, our duets, hair wraps, jets, crying to ridiculously sad movies, the beach and endless car selfies. And here’s to saying the exact same thing at the exact same time with the exact same tone for as long as we live.

May you always see yourself how I see you. 

Always and Forever, 

Your long-distance best friend

Katherine is a dual major in Health Sciences and Psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University, with hopes to pursue medical school in the future. In the meantime, she enjoys the unparalleled opportunity that is sharing perspective. When not studying or writing, you can find her outdoors, listening to music, traveling, or rereading the Twilight Saga.