A Tea Lover’s Ranking of Starbucks Teavana Tea Lemonades

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Of course, coffee is a delicious and often a much needed pick-me-up, but one underappreciated category of Starbucks menu item might just give coffee a run for its money. Starbucks boasts numerous tasty and refreshing Teavana teas, but the Teavana tea lemonades are truly a work of barista art. They’re basically fruity Arnold Palmers, which means that they are essentially heaven.

1. Passion Tango Tea Lemonade

Ever since I first ordered this drink, it’s been my biggest go-to splurge when I need a refresher. Although the passion tango flavor may take some getting used to, the fruitiness is absolutely to die for. Pro tip: Get your drink sweetened! It will give you the perfect burst of energy without creating a bitter taste. Also, I always order mine in a venti size because anything smaller leaves me wanting more and, with as yummy as the Passion Tango Tea Lemonade is, I promise you will finish your drink much quicker than you anticipate. The Passion Tango Tea Lemonade is especially awesome if you pair it with a slice of Starbucks’ pumpkin loaf. Indulging in both together for a light, mid-afternoon snack is one of my life’s highlights!

2. Peach Green Tea Lemonade

The Peach Green Tea Lemonade is the perfect light beverage if you enjoy a green tea taste. However, to be perfectly honest, I thought the drink was too bitter the first time I tried it. I realized, though, that my disenchantment was due to the fact that I had never had green tea before, so it was an unfamiliar taste, rather than genuine dislike of the Peach Green Tea Lemonade. After ordering it a few more times and getting accustomed to the green tea, it quickly became one of my favorite Starbucks drinks. I love its subtle hint of peach and the sweet, yet slightly tangy, flavor. I always order the Peach Green Tea Lemonade in the morning because, more than any of the other tea lemonades, it wakes me up the quickest. I do not order it with any add-ins, as I think the PGTL is perfect just the way it is!

3. Mango Black Tea Lemonade

If I wasn’t as big of a flavor wimp as I am, the Mango Black Tea Lemonade would be higher on my list. Although it is amazingly scrumptious, it’s a bit too sweet and mango-y for my taste. Compared to the Peach Green Tea Lemonade where the peach is relatively subtle, the mango in the Mango Black Tea Lemonade is powerful. I am not the biggest fan of mango in general, so the flavor is too much for me. However, if you are a die-hard mango fan who also enjoys black tea (which I adore!), then the Mango Black Tea Lemonade is the drink for you. I by no means avoid it, but it’s just not my favorite.

4. White Tea Lemonade

Starbucks’ newest tea lemonade, the White Tea Lemonade, was a long anticipated addition to the Teavana-Starbucks family. I tried it on the first day it came out. I did not dislike it by a long shot, but, honestly, the drink did not do anything for me. It’s sweet and light in flavor, but there is nothing incredibly groundbreaking about it. Out of all of the Starbucks Teavana Tea Lemonades, by far, the White Tea Lemonade tastes the most lemonade-y, and really fails to provide the taste of tea. Perhaps the one venti I drank was simply a mixed-up batch, but, regardless, the drink did not wow me.

Gifs: 1, 2, 3, 4

Emily Gerber is a Creative Advertising and English double major at Virginia Commonwealth University. She likes to refer to herself as “Tom Hanks’ adopted daughter,” and is a self-proclaimed succulent mom who takes care of the numerous small cacti living on the windowsill in her apartment. Emily appreciates people who *attempt* to beat her at Disney trivia and wants to dedicate all of her articles to her dog, Daisy.
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!