This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Name Monique Sanchez

Year Senior

Major Public Relations

Age 23

How many tattoos do you have? 3

How old were you when you got your first tattoo? 21

What is it? A Spanish motivational phrase

Where is it? My left wrist

Where did you get it done? Virginia Beach Ink

Is there a story behind it? It is “Que Sera sera” which means whatever will be will be in Spanish. I got this at the same time as the next one.

On a scale of 1-10, how painful was it? 4

What is it? Il tutto si mette a posto  with my mom’s birthday in Roman Numerals underneath ; it means “Everything will fall into place.”

Where is it? Collarbone

Is there a story behind it? I got these when my dad left us. My dad’s Hispanic so there’s the Spanish part. It sucked but as a family we had to accept when it happened.

The Italian one reminds me that even though you’re stuck with the circumstances right now that things will get better. It’s in Italian because my sister’s dad is Italian and this is her go to words of wisdom phrase.  My mom’s birthday is underneath because she’s the one I’m doing everything for. At first my parents were against it but when I told her the meaning she liked it. They were kind of like a reminder of where I come from and where I’m going, and that everything’s going to be okay regardless of what’s happening.

On a scale of 1-10, how painful was it? 7

What is it? Compass

Where is it? Right forearm

Where did you get it done? Lucky 13

Is there a story behind it? This one is a little more important because it signifies my direction.  It’s on my right hand because it leads me in the right places. There’s an anchor in the center that signifies my family. It shows me that no matter where I go with my own decisions, I keep my family in mind; they keep me grounded. In every step that I take, they don’t control me per say but I take into consideration what they want from their daughter. I know anchors can be cliché, but I’ve always like anchors and compasses but I know the meaning of it.

On a scale of 1-10, how painful was it? 6

Do you plan on getting anymore? I haven’t decided where yet, but I want my mom’s fingerprint somewhere. When I have kids, I’d like something with my kids. The biggest tattoo I want next is a thigh piece. It’s going to be a watercolor tattoo with cool colors with a box of jellyfish swimming through purple orchid petals and white or black rose petals. It’s based off of the Will Smith movie Seven Pounds. It’s going to be a reminder of the people whose lives you affect as well as what kills you doesn’t destroy you. You’re not completely gone no matter what you go through. 

21 || VBVA || Psychology || FACT@VCUAngie Ellorin is a senior at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is studying Psychology and eventually hopes to pursue a masters in Education. In her free time, Angie enjoy taking naps, watching Gossip Girl, and online shopping. She is the adopted mother of a beautiful African elephant named Elliot. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is meeting and being inspired by all the other empowering young women. 
Keziah is a writer for Her Campus. She is majoring in Fashion Design with a minor in Fashion Merchandising. HCXO!